1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

4-Band EQ

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by archades, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrefriedrichs

andrefriedrichs New Member

2. cjbranda

cjbranda Forum Member

So I finally downloaded Traktor Pro 2 today and the xone eq is back but I haven't seen anyone successfully map it to the filter knob on the S4. Please NI get this sorted - so many people are waiting for this...

3. ikay

ikay Forum Member

I was about to ask this same question.
    Has anyone managed to map the Xone eq on the S4 ? atleast the mid hi and hi eq to a single knob ?

thanks.

4. Rokki21

Rokki21 NI Product Owner

I have managed to map 4 band eq but I have lost so many other functions and have some odd eractic behaviour as well.

Please NI could you let your customers know when this mapping will be available from you guys.

I can get by for now but the lack of communication from you guys is really disappointing.

5. ikay

ikay Forum Member

@ Rokki21 ,

How have you mapped it ? I just want to know if I will be able to map there "mid hi and hi " to one knob on the S4 without having any issues ?

thanks.

6. Rokki21

Rokki21 NI Product Owner

I loaded up the mappings from the mappings folder which was loaded when the S4 was installed. It has the mappings for various controllers but also has one for the S4. When this is loaded on the controller mapping tab in the settings it shows all the usual mappings for the S4.

I haven't tried one knob to 2 settings (i.e two EQs) as I used the filter for the low and the remaining eq knobs are hi, hi mid and low mid. And that's how I prefer it.

When you map two settings to one knob it shows two shades of yellow on the conflict. As I don't use it that way I'm unsure if Traktor would not allow as it conflicts or it would allow, just try it for yourself.

You do lose a lot of other functions this way. For example setting a loop size still works but you don't get value displayed on the S4. Also you can't set a loop size and then press one of the sample deck buttons to load in which is a major bummer cus that is great for mashing etc. Also random stuff is happening, like I can't cue headphones unless I'm in the browser and can't load tracks in the browser I have to be on the track view (these two functions in effect are now reversed).

Like I've said I can get by for now.

7. rainerh

rainerh NI Product Owner

8. Fohat

Fohat Forum Member

thanks a lot rainer. very much appreciated for someone like me who is just too stupid to "program" the s4 by myself. so i tried out the above package in importing just the TSP2S4Controller4Band1.1.0GA.tsi and voila I have 4 band eq controls with the previous filter knob as low bass, great!

the only isuse i have then, is that some important default settings (at least for me) on the s4 are gone then. question: is there any option to just have the new eq settings imported in keeping all other controls as they are by default?

9. rainerh

rainerh NI Product Owner

10. ikay

ikay Forum Member

If I were to implement this mapping. Is it still in NHL mode ?

Also other than for the deck filter being changed to Low EQ are there any other changes to the S4 default mapping.

I just got my S4 and currently testing it out to make sure everythigs ok before implementing any mapping changes.

So would be grateful if there's anyone who's been able to get the 4band eq working without ANY issues.

Thanks

11. Reversal Luv

Reversal Luv New Member

Hello,

i tried yesterday : TSP2S4Controller4Band1.1.0GA.tsi

i imported the tsi like here : http://www.traktorbible.com/kb/default.aspx?id=tp1000

I'm noob with changing S4 setting ....

First test : The mid low and low move in the same time ... i changed stetting (don't remember what ?) and i can use correctly the 4eq :)))

But i have some others problems ... Play Button dosen't work, i can't use "1" Cue , when i was on search mode, i can't choose the track with cue button, Freezing, etc ....

It was not official S4 control with adding 4eq !

So this setting is a great setting (i like the new "Sharpness" of disc control, very better than the official setting "too quickest")

Please can you help us to have the exact mapping than the official mapping with only 4 eq ?

What is the difference with : TSP2XoneS4ExtendedMASTER1.1.0GA.tsi

Thanks for your help, you are much better than NI :)))))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.