4 Deck Audio Interface Options

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by tobias enstrom, May 11, 2019.

1. tobias enstrom

tobias enstrom New Member

Hi,

I want to use 4 decks.

A&B controlled by CDJ 350's as a midi controller.
    C&D timecode vinyl.

Sometimes I may want to control A&B with X1 and C&D with timecode vinyl. Sometimes I may want control A&B with X1 and C&D with CDJ 350's.

Is this possible with the A6?
    Am I limited to the A6 if I want to use vinyl timecode?
    I'm guessing I would need to create an aggregate device on my mac which is currently 10.12.6?

Thanks

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

If I understand you correctly this has nothing to do with the audio interface you only need to program a modifier on every cdj that cdj 1 controls deck a or c; cdj 2 b or d. Everything else is bound permanently in your example to the decks.

Uwe

3. tobias enstrom

Sorry, should have explained myself better.

I currently have the Audio 2 interface but want to add vinyl to setup.

I use 2 CDJ 350's and an X1 to control the 4 decks.

Is it possible to mix and match the CDs, X1 and vinyl?
    It would only be vinyl and CDs or vinyl and X1, etc.

I would be using the CDJs as a midi controller.

From looking at the A6 I can see it only has 2 stereo inputs on the back so would I need to use the Audio 2 as well as the A6?
    Am I limited to using the A6?

4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

If we talk about the Traktor scratch audio 6 you only need the 2 inputs for the 2 ttables - in your example they were connected to c and d, and the other stuff is just a question if midi mapping like I said and has nothing to do with the interface. And you will of course also be able to have an output to the PA and one separate for your headphones like it should be.

Uwe

5. tobias enstrom

Thanks Uwe,

Its starting to make sense.

I just realised I forgot to mention that the output of tracktor is going to a DJM 700. The output routing for example is deck A to channel 1 on the mixer, deck B is to channel 2 and so on.

How do I get X1 output to go to the mixer if I'm using it and either both CDJ's or TTs.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  6. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

You can assign deck C and D to the MAIN output on the front of the A6, and connect that to a third channel. That means you have one mixer channel for deck C and D.

7. tobias enstrom

Thanks Erik.

Not ideal. I will see how it goes. I guess I can always get the Audio 2 and combine it with the A6 in an aggregate device if I need.

8. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

You could, but you would lose DVS control (assuming you're still using Traktor 2).

9. tobias enstrom

Cool.

I shall be upgrading to v3 shortly.

Thanks for your help