4 Decks and Audio 8 DJ

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR Audio Interfaces' started by titanium, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

That would be amazing and I would greatly appreciate it. May 1st can not come soon enough eh? ;-) I don't see any reason why it wouldnt work. Thanks again...

Oh on a side note how are you liking the Kaoss 3? I had and broke a Kaoss 2 but am really liking what I see with the new korg products specifically the Zero 4 mixer and the Kaoss pad 3. The cut ups, looping and effects look amazing on the new Kaoss 3.

2. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

Any time. Kind of a bummer that I can't test it now for ya...

3. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

How many confirmations do you *need*? I have given you one, as have Phil and n_g.

4. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

Please kindly point me in the direction of these confirmations. I have seen one posts stating that this SHOULD or MAY work but I have not seen one post comfirming this is in fact the case. If I had the answer I surely wouldn't be asking the same question over and over. I am trying to decide on whether or not I would like to invest again in NI after they have burned me once so I want to know for a FACT this will work. I am trying to convince myself to look past everything and once again invest in NI. If I do though I would like to make sure I am not going to be in the same boat a year from now having to purchase more hardware just to be able to have this functionality. I cant rely on hype spewed as this is what got me where I am at know... I want to know for a FACT this will work if I purchase this solution.

5. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

Where you initially asked the question? I am not going to do your searches for you. It's probably buried in one of those 5+ pages threads.

In case you missed it - I just *reconfirmed* your question and you simply brushed it aside, therefore:

I would suggest you just relax for a few weeks, call the dealer of your choice for an on-hand in-store demo and try it out (for the amount of money there a dealer should be a bit accommodating). Then you'll know to whatever level of certainty you want to know.
    Actually, you should probably wait until 3.3 is out - until then you will probably keep doubting whether it is *really* *Really* *REALLY* possible.
    Not that that's a bad thing - wait until you can prove it to yourself. Then there's no doubt.

6. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

The word I read about 15 mins ago indicated T3.3 release is currently scheduled for the End of May. I know we were expecting 3.3 for the beginning of May, that is no longer the case according to the word I have.

Phil

7. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

In all honestly this is not a tongue in cheek comment...
    You all just get better and better at making me l laugh! I am staying in the Orlando Florida area currently but spend a lot of my time traveling. As I have mentioned previously... I have not seen an in store demo of a DVS solution in any Sam Ash or Guitar Center in my area. I would be interested in a NI dealor that would have a hands on demo of TS anywhere in the state of Florida. I travel to Miami a lot and am in the Tampa bay area a bit here and there as well... so I have no problem making the drive to play with it for a bit to get the "feel".

I certainly hope T3.3 comes out before the end of may as this interestingly enough coincides with the end of the crossgrade offer... hmmmmm.

8. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

Ahh well good then. I'm sure there are are those ROTFL at your speculative antics and inability "to just get it" so we are all golden.

Phil

9. FunkyRob

FunkyRob Forum Member

You would have to be freakin octupus or something to pull that off though.

10. magichew

magichew NI Product Owner

I've sold my FS2 and I'm a bit PO'ed that TS is being delayed but never mind. Do we have a confirmed release yet? Heard from NI that no pre orders will be taken and a rather vague "The delivery date has changed now to the middle of May in our Online Shop due to the great demand on the product."

Anyway, the question I have, which hasn't been mentioned here, or may have but I've been lost amongst all the flaming is will I be able to spin on Deck A and B as usual with vinyl control and then transfer vinyl control from Deck A to Deck C while both A and B are running to drop another layer in or is that not possible?

11. buenputter

buenputter NI Product Owner

Traktor Scratch will only have 2 decks. Therefore, your planned spinning strategy won't work.

But when Traktor 3.3 will be out this should be possible.

12. magichew

magichew NI Product Owner

Sorry forgot to mention that I would be using Traktor3 with TS as I had been with FS2.

13. mr kebab

mr kebab New Member

14. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

You kind of force both of these now dont you... antics being in response to the BS dealt with on here and the speculation due to your lack of clarification. I am glad we are all getting a good chuckle though!

15. djDoring

djDoring Account Suspended

2 decks , 4 decks ... what about a compromise with 3 decks ?

16. FunkyRob

FunkyRob Forum Member

I got it!

2 and 1/2 decks

17. FunkyRob

FunkyRob Forum Member

Dude, this is nuts. You ARE like a freaking octopus.

Unfortunate for me I'm not familiar with any of the tracks you are playing so I can't really tell what's going on.

Plus you got all them visual effects on the video, I can't see what you're doing. I do hear some stuff coming out of sync every once in a while, but you quickly correct it.

I know for me if I heard 4 similar tracks and one was off a little, I'd have a hard time correcting the right track. Maybe with the waveforms directly in front of you, you can visually tell.

It would be nice to get a visual of how you technically made this possible.

18. mr kebab

mr kebab New Member

19. djeidolon

djeidolon Forum Member

4 time coded decks please!

I too, am an octopus.

20. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

I understand that the A8 only has two phono inputs but wouldn't this really only be used when you switch to phono input on your mixer and play actual vinyl. Correct me if I am wrong but are you not using the Line input on your mixer when using the vinyl timecode?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.