1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

4 Note Sequencer

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by uksnowy, Feb 13, 2020.

1. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

Hi all.
    I am looking for assistance in sourcing or creating a sequencer. I must say here that I am not a builder or coder.

Please refer to the attached picture. I am looking for a sequencer where I can input four seed notes. The code will then workout all permutations of the seed notes and store them, in a table or similar. So, for four notes, that will be 24 permutations. Each of these permutations is then addressed or called by it's position in the table (SeqPos). I then want to be able to program or set the sequencer to call and play a set of four notes to MIDI. The sequencer will need to be able to sequence through the SeqPos in various ways, using controllers, or step sequencer etc. I can do this in a MIDI editor but it takes a considerable time when I want to change the seed notes. I am hoping this can be done relatively easily. Although, I will need my hand holding quite a lot as this will be my first real construction project. Is there any kind soul who would like to take on the challenge? 4 Note Seq.png

2. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

Or if there already exists a sequencer that could perform this function. Even better.

3. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 2
  4. jue

jue NI Product Owner

You mean something like that?

PerGens.png

It is really a lot of work!

• Like Like x 3
  5. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

1st one looks perfect, is it in the user library?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Please load it up in U/L - thank you jue.

7. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

I just got your Free Pack 1.1 update - after reg in NA the entry said version 1.0.0 - not 1.1.0
    Is this okay?

8. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

Thank you so much for taking the time to make this. I tried it briefly this morning. It appears to work well but I have to confess I have not fully understood how it works and how to control it yet.

9. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

Wow this looks amazing. I guess it is just a design, right? But yeah this is what it could look like.

10. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

yes, you can ignore that. It is purely cosmetic. If you want the number to update move the folder and do a repair in Native Access.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

bolabo Again thank you for knocking this up for us. I was using over the weekend. It is not elegant ;) but it works and fits the brief perfectly. My only question is the table 'Row' does not appear to do anything ?

12. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

You can see the connection from the 'Row' sequencer to the 'offset' port of the 'Pattern Table' in the structure view, it's not visible from the front panel.

Screenshot 2020-02-17 at 16.40.52.png

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  13. jue

jue NI Product Owner

uksnowy wrote:
    I guess it is just a design, right?

Wrong!

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

OK.. so what you posted is already built? Where can we find it? Are you open to sharing or selling?

• Like Like x 1