808 ADSR setting's for ATL trap

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by DA RIPPER, Aug 24, 2017.

1. DA RIPPER

DA RIPPER NI Product Owner

What are sum of the 808 Adsr setting to use for ATL trap music

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  2. bilposey

bilposey NI Product Owner

You should fiddle around
    Trap is to predictable
    A little lame IMO

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. luneytunes

luneytunes NI Product Owner

Oh really? Tell us what "unpredictable" genre of music you make and think is not "lame IYO"...

• Like Like x 2
  4. DA RIPPER

I edited it just seen i made a typo .. left the most important part out lol .. " 808 "

5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Depends on what sound you're looking for. Generally, the attack is as fast as possible unless you want the 808 to duck another kick.

The most typical use is long release and Decay and you trigger it the same way as drums, just one tap on the pad really fast and the 808 starts loud and slowly fades. Zaytoven, Metro, 808 Mafia, etc usually use this method on most beats.

If you like precision in terms of where the 808 stops then use everything at 0 and crank up the Decay, this way the 808 sounds "normal" but stops once you let go of the pad/midi key, so you need to keep the pad pressed for it to sound.

If you into sliding 808 basslines then do the same as the previous but also crank up the sustain, this will stop the note from fading out thus having constant volume. Heres an example of how it sounds. (Migos - T-Shirt also has some slides) This also requires holding the notes, having legato on and overlapping notes.

There's really no rules tho, experimentation is your best weapon.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. gingerman

gingerman NI Product Owner

Sorry @DA RIPPER but I cant help, but at least @D-One is being helpful and informative as always, instead of hating :cool:

D-One and Mr.36 seem to be the onlt helpful people around here, and are the only reason I stick around this forum these days to be honest, other than waiting for the updates some people may have asked for some time now :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  7. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

@gingerman Thanks, I appreciate your kind words sir :)

8. tonecre8

tonecre8 NI Product Owner

Todays trap really uses sustain at max and all other settings at minimum. You want to play the 808 like an instrument and have the sound cut when you release the note. Also- it's best to use a synth to create your 808 so you can get long sustains and more customization of the sound.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bilposey

bilposey NI Product Owner

I make BOOMBAPTRAP
    got jokes
    what happen to that all blue maschine you had huh....
    AND THAT VIDEO SO NASTTTY

10. lacker

lacker NI Product Owner

big ups to D-One for kicking knowledge

• Like Like x 1
  11. DA RIPPER

@D-One , @tonecre8
    Thanx fo da info !!
    Well try both method's mention....I pretty much had the attack part right on when & why to adjust it. Thanks for confirming.... But the rest (DSR) i was just playing by ear.sometimes i would over adjust & just ruin the feel of the 808. I was surprised to see thier are not any 808 ADSR TUT'S on YouTube. Glad u guys shared the info !!