A compelling reason for crossgrading AP to the Classic Piano Collection

Discussion in 'AKOUSTIK PIANO' started by Kymeia, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I just installed Kontakt 4 on a new laptop running 64 bit Windows 7 and tried to authorise a backed up version of the Akoustik Piano library (without installing the instrument itself since it seemed pointless being defunct). However, despite the service centre having authorised AK (as part of my Komplete 4 bundle, some of which I had installed such as B4 and Pro53) Kontakt 4 refused to load the AK instruments as anything other than "demo" content. The only way I found to get it to properly authorise the AK library was if I installed the AK instrument.

This is not an acceptable state of affairs. If the AK instrument itself is no longer being developed then sooner or later it is not going to be possible to keep installing the AK instrument just to be able to authorise the sample content (it already doesn't work on some systems apparently). NI keep insisting there is no need for a crossgrade to the Classic Piano Collection because the sample library itself is identical - well that may be the case but if AK owners are not able to authorise that sample library then essentially we are being denied the ability to use a product we paid for. If the library is identical but just requires a different authorisation process (which seems to be the case) then crossgrade all AP owners to the new bundle, and allow us to be able to keep updating, installing and using it.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  2. Vocalpoint

Vocalpoint NI Product Owner

Yes...I am now a victim of this scam as well. Rebuilt the entire DAW last weekend and today - I am getting around to checking all my libraries in K4.1. As with Kymela - since I assumed the AP library would be good to go on it's own in K4.1 - I did not install the actual AP vsti when I ran my Komplete 5 install. I just wanted the library and installed a fresh copy of it to a new samples drive.

Now - Service Center reports EVERYTHING - including AP is fully authorized - but when I add the library to K4.1 - I get that Authorize button popping up and of course - any piano I load is now marked DEMO.

What is the deal? I am not going to install the now worthless VSTi just to get this going - or is that as good as it's going to get?

Please advise. And make it fast since I CANNOT use the product I paid for.

VP

3. Henning @ NI

Henning @ NI NI Team NI Team

The AP library is technically not activatable by itself - it was not required when we released AP.

You need to install at the least the Standalone version to activate. You may want to deselect VST, RTAS and AU plugins during the installation.

This should be able on all all systems. If you have any trouble with the activation, please contact our support.

Best,

Henning

4. Vocalpoint

Odd that Electrik Piano library did not require activation. I went ahead and installed the standalone and it's all good.

However - I am still not clear on why all AP owners were not offered at least a discounted opportunity to purchase the Classic Piano collection so we can ditch this mongrel library - which appears to behave in an odd way now due to the ever changing world of activation.

I would have no problem kicking out 39 bucks to cross-grade over to a library set that works in the new Kontakt with the new skins and up-to-date sample archives.

Cheers,

VP

5. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Hi Henning. Thanks for confirming what I had surmised. The argument from NI seems to have been that the reason for the new Libraries not being offered to existing Akoustic Piano owners is because we already have the same libraries so we don't need them. These incidents seem to demonstrate that is not the case - the new libraries clearly can be activated without installing AP so there is a tangible practical difference. It seems silly that we should have to install what is essentially a defunct programme just to activate libraries when other owners of the "identical" newer sample set have no such obstacles. If the samples are really the same it would not be more than a few MB of updated instrument files and skins anyway - no problem for NI surely and a positive gesture to loyal AP owners

6. dj_stick

dj_stick NI Product Owner

that's because the Elektrik Piano libraries are already part of Kontakt 4

7. Vocalpoint

Uh - and so are the AP libraries...

However - in a recent re-install - I found that the EP libraries do not activate either without installing the plug-in. So they are both identical in that respect.

VP

8. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yes I found this too. Both libraries really need a library only version (which in the case of AP would be the 4 new Piano instruments)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.