1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

A gallery of Reaktor ensembles - submit yours

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by peterkirn, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horuschild

Horuschild NI Product Owner

The shadow is generally part of the image, incorporated into the TGA strip, unless it gets incorporated in other ways like on the background bitmap. If I make panel elements with shadowing so that others can use them on a bare instrument panel they have to either use the mouse area module or live with the larger image size dictating the mouse area as in the knob, button, etc. If the mouse area module had midi learn natively I would not care much. Yet, it is still easier to upload an instrument with a knob, button etc so that images can be removed and the instrument functions with snapshots.

2. CellarDoor

CellarDoor Forum Member

Hi Dude,

I didn't realize you felt so strongly about shadows - I'll be sure to swap out your knobs, or add shadows, to my tel ray instrument since it uses one of the knobs in your example of misuse! I can only imagine you disapprove, and I don't want to offend.

Cheers,

m.

3. Horuschild

Horuschild NI Product Owner

I am not offended. Its fine for people to do as they will. I was simply trying to make a case for an addtional parameter to the properties for the panel elements that I am sure NI doesnt really care about.

It is not a criticism of builders wanting to make thier ens look as best they can. I would not want to make you nor anyone else to feel poorly because you did not create the shadows or that you didn't feel it was nessary. The point I wanted to make is not really about the shadows.

This is a modular program. So I am thinking along the lines of how much of it can I control, add graphs and make accessable to others without having to make others jump through hoops to mod it or fill in details that I didn't add for various reasons.

If I make extremly small graphics it can become difficult to use the mouse are the area is very small. If I had an option like I discussed in the posts then I can simple increase the mouse are an not the graphic.

Its truely a minor things this grippe that I have so dont you worry. If the missing shadows on Tel-Rey had been that much of a problem for me I would have fixed it up right away and sent it out to you. Its fine as it is. It is what you decided is best, in the end that is what counts most.

4. CellarDoor

CellarDoor Forum Member

Well, all the same, I have to revise the GUI on the Tel Ray anyway, as I've changed the modulation scheme for the next update - I'll put some shadows in then - I'm sure it will look better for it! But I hear you, mouse area is the issue - I can understand this, sometimes the "virtual knobs" in Reaktor instruments have odd "feel" - I tend to assign critical knobs/faders to my midi controller, but it's always nice to be able to mouse-grab.

Cheers

5. lhaymehr

lhaymehr Forum Member

Stop fighting kids.

Here's one getting ready for User Library.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.