1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

A "lock Value" option for audio and event tables.

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Michael O'Hagan, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Michael O'Hagan

Michael O'Hagan NI Product Owner

I would like to see a new option on audio and event tables for "lock value", I'm working on some wavetable stuff and I think we will really need this option moving forward with reaktor.

what this means is that I can set an audio table to be 2048 samples long along the X axis, and 5000 layers on the Y axis.

I can then lock value for the X axis only and then when I drop a sample that is 8192 samples long onto the event table it will store the first 2048 samples into Y axis 1, the second 2048 samples into Y axis 2 and so forth.

X and Y should be independently lockable.

I want to create a system in Reaktor where you can drag and drop multi frame wavetables onto the audio table data module and it will slice them into the Y rows instead of change the entire table to be 8192 long along the X axis.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. colB

colB NI Product Owner

Why not use the table framework?

Or write the audio tables one dimensionally, and access them two dimensionally.

If you have an 8192 long sample that is really 4 wavetables, you would access it like:
    w = 2048; //'width' of a single table
    idx = x*w+y;
    sample = table[idx]

Very simple.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael O'Hagan

I was thinking more along the lines of ease of use for a commercial release, for the end user to be able to drag and drop more like serum or something, where any given audio file might be 8192 with 4 frames, or it could be 256 frames at 524288 samples.

4. colB

colB NI Product Owner

With my above example, you would just have a user control for the width parameter, and a table framework drop zone for the sample. I don't see how the internal implementation matters from a user POV.

5. Michael O'Hagan

I'm a little confused about the table framework, are there any examples of this to study?

6. colB

colB NI Product Owner

Here are a couple of very simple examples. one that only allows one sample at a time, the other that processes multiples.
    The core part is super simple without pitch etc. because that's just a sample player - not really different for TF as for any core sample player.
    The main thing to remember is that in primary, you are manipulating references to samples, and in core, you just treat the table input as an array.
    It's only tricky if you start trying to do stuff that's not directly supported... like dragging list entries to rearrange their order (this is actually possible, but even when you eventually get it working, its pretty ugly, so not worth it)

You don't need the table framework to use the approach I was explaining above though. You should be able to just treat an audio table as a one dimensional array.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1