1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

A message from Native Instruments

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Paul Jeszenszky, Sep 13, 2019.

1. MichaelKMusic

MichaelKMusic NI Product Owner

Paul Jeszenszky Okay thanks for the update but as a long time retired Traktor user I and over 25,000 users wanted support for the XDJ 1000 MK2 in HID and we all have given up I don't even use Traktor anymore because my setup does not allow it unless I use DVS ????? My Setup is a modern setup why the hell would I use that. I really would like u guys to update me on the this feature there has been no update and not even a mention about it since Friedemann @ NI posted about it in JUNE 2018. which has been deleted it said "u can be quite confident of a release within the year. I like Traktor and miss it but I have since moved on with my XDJS 1000 MK2 ,900 NXS2 and a REMIX 1000. I would really love to come back.

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/xdj-1000mk2-support-please.327453/

• Like Like x 2
  2. dahJah

dahJah NI Product Owner

Actions speak loudest...

3. von Bordwehr

von Bordwehr NI Product Owner

I'd like to know that too.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Unders

Unders New Member

As someone who has the original maschine unit to test before release and suggest audio tracks be added in 2007, Im now more skeptical than ever. Seeing as how thats still a request thats repeatedly ignored and just 1 of a vast number of examples. To the point im not even sure i trust this anymore

• Like Like x 2
  5. alec.tron

alec.tron NI Product Owner

Would be great if posts could stay constructive & civil in tone.... there's already a fair few posts here drifting off into questionable territory.... and that doesn't help NI, or us users nor the community...

+1
    No mention of Traktor in Paul's PR post, despite teasing a new Traktor controller on other channels at the same time, is indeed somewhat odd and/or worrying.

c.

• Like Like x 6
  6. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

Also important is : will future upgrades/updates be available to no-subscription products ?

• Like Like x 5
  7. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Hi Paul and thankyou very much for the very welcome but much needed communication. Better late than never.
    I find this new 'open' NI a huge improvement over what has preceeded it, never understanding why it was never so before just as I never undersood why the product range was never seen as being branches of the same tree and let's hope as indicated that that tree starts talking nicely to all the other trees in Music Forest. ;)

Personally, the subscription thing I believe came about not because of the term 'platform strategy' but because of the speech at NAMM where a rather unfortunate admiration for Adobe was extolled by Daniel Havers. Adobe's attitude and it's subscription only stance is rightly reviled in a great many quarters so that didn't go down well or inspire an already tattered confidence in things NI.
    Worryingly you say you are not about to charge a subscription for products you already own.....not sure how you think you might be able to but that actually seems to say more about any future than it actually does.
    Put simply.....no one here I think has any kind of problem with optional subscription especially if it is subscription to own.
    What will make anyone here jump ship is any kind of mandatory subscription for anything that could be seen as not services in the way that sounds.com is.
    It would be very good to clear this up once and for all by saying if there are areas where you are considering mandatory subscription or if that is in no way a possibilty. This has been asked and left unanswered for a great number of months which hasn't been helpful to anyone.

Anyway back to being positive.....looking forward to the future now. :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. von Bordwehr

von Bordwehr NI Product Owner

Agreed. This needs clearing up: Is what you have in mind a Plugin Alliance style subscription option, or an Adobe style subscription only model?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Thanks for claring all that up!!

Uwe

• Like Like x 1
  10. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

yes of course but native could charge you for updates and i guess he meant that

Uwe

11. kaotik78

kaotik78 NI Product Owner

Just as long as there is an option to purchase up front and own “insert new Native product here” outright.

The following quote from Paul below seems to be somewhat open ended as he mentions subscriptions as a way to lower the barrier for entry for those unable to afford their products.

“Please let me reassure you that we’re not about to charge you subscriptions for the products you already own. One of Native’s aims is to remove barriers for people who want to make music. And for some people, that barrier might be financial. We’re exploring lots of different ways to address this including (but not limited to) subscriptions. A recent example of how we’re doing this is the introduction of PayPal installment plans in our online shop. But we want to do more.”

Saying you won’t charge users for something they already own is fine but seems similar to Adobe in which they opted to not charge Adobe CS6 owners for subscriptions but instead they stopped supporting it and released a new version that now requires a subscription.

Yes it lowered the barrier to entry but at the cost of continued and never ending monthly payments and if you stop paying you have nothing left to fall back on.

It’s great that Native wants to remove barriers for those who want to make music but then why still being back the subscription bit without clarifying further that a subscription would be akin to a rent to own plan?

“(but not limited to) subscriptions”

The companies actions going forward will certainly show (hopefully) what direction they are going in.

Especially as an owner of Mk2, Mk3, K9u, k12uce, Komplete Audio 6, and now a Maschine Jam, I would be disappointed with a switch to a subscription based service.

On the positive side going forward, it certainly sounds like the company is going to be focusing more on software integration with their hardware and hopefully, hopefully song mode and a way to arrange a bit better will finally get released!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

Paul Jeszenszky
    Welcome and thank you very much for this much needed update. Having been on these forums for 10+ years, I can't recall how many product managers and other NI staff I have witnessed come around here with announcements and open letters, only to disappear shortly thereafter. So I had to look up your name to find out more (only stuff which is publicly available, of course :)).
    For those who don't know, Paul is currently the Chief Marketing Officer at NI and that makes me feel a bit better about this particular announcement.
    Really looking forward to what's to come and best of luck to you, One Native and to us.

PS: I see in your title "growth leader". If I am allowed to give you an advice, I would focus on the existing customer base before thinking about further growth. I think it would do NI a lot of good to turn us into true fans again.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  13. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Tracy said: "I'm thrilled to join an industry which fuzes cutting edge technology with the passion and inspiration associated with music creation. There's an opportunity to translate Native's values into behaviors that further enable positive culture and embody diversity as it relates to embracing our differences. Developing an employee experience that attracts and retains the best talent will be key, and I look forward to starting what's sure to be an exciting journey."
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nati...u7RxZv_seWCMPXZh&_guc_consent_skip=1568466316
    2019-06-06
    Senior talent from Google, Airbnb, Hewlett Packard, Salesforce and SoundCloud drafted in to deliver a new music creation ecosystem for everyone

• Informative Informative x 4
  14. nightjar

nightjar NI Product Owner

Thanks for sharing that link.. It is a "must read" for everyone in this thread.

With these impressive upper-level people coming aboard in Jan 2019, having this large internal shift ready to pivot by August is pretty rapid action.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cordialatron

Cordialatron New Member

Could you make you please make the pitchfader work on the s4 mk3 ? I think your flagshipcontroller should have a working one.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Great post! Thank you, Paul Jeszenszky .

Was just wondering if the company/brand name will be changed from Native Instruments to just Native?

17. zendo

zendo NI Product Owner

Paul Jeszenszky , around 130 people have been fired so far in the last few months by NI, right? How can you then say that "Native Instruments is a healthy business."?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. deepstorage

deepstorage New Member

I find it odd, especially from a management perspective, to call the company I work for a healthy business only days after 20 percent of workers have been fired. Maybe odd is the wrong word.

• Like Like x 4
  19. DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott NI Product Owner

Hey Paul, how about you guys at NI stop LYING to us as you're clearly doing right now, and as you've been doing since Maschine's initial release, and make Maschine's code open source so the Machine community can implement all the features you guys promised us since version 1 and this way we won't have to go through this song and dance every time you guys get in trouble with us? Make Maschine Open Source...

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Do you really think the chances of that happening are at all feasible ?......that might undermine your wish to be taken seriously however valid.

• Like Like x 1