A Message from TRAKTOR

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Friedemann @ NI, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Audiblesilence120

Audiblesilence120 New Member

Z2 MkII, please.

2. StefanoMasterfunk

StefanoMasterfunk New Member

@ Friedmann
    hallo Friedmann, da ich leider Catalina schon Installiert hatte, Kann ich zur Zeit die Funkion Music ( iTunes) in Traktor 3.2.1nicht verwenden da meine Tracks nicht erkannt werden. wann erscheint das neue Update mit dieser Funktion?

3. tkurgpold

tkurgpold NI Product Owner

Offtopic, but I'd like to voice my support for the S8 users. The thing is $1200, still available for purchase, seems odd that it's not fully supported anymore with v3(or atleast that's what I'm led to believe by the earlier post in here).

4. Brian J.

Brian J. NI Product Owner

The S8 is fully support by Traktor 3, at least for now. I would NOT recommend to spend 1200$ on it though.. it’s obviously a “last gen” controller and NI made a pretty clear statement (by discontinuing D2s and the S5) that the whole stems/remix deck workflow is no longer the “future of DJing”..

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. renan

renan New Member

do you plan to integrate beatport link ?
    and if yes, when ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Brian J.

Whisful thinking buddy.. I would LOVE to see beatport link integration with TP3 but NI stated in multiple occasions that is NOT going to happen. TDJ 2 **might** get it at some point but I don’t believe it until I see it..

7. Si_Edwards

Si_Edwards New Member

D3878B22-561E-4A16-B150-413039320626.jpeg

8. Brian J.

Nice.. I actually bought the 3 “upgrade” but never installed it! I really don’t want to have my computer to crash in front of 500+ people..

Waiting for Rekordbox 6.0 and new XDJs at this point. Hopefully at NAMM! If Pioneer delivers I’m really out. Tired of the constant ignoring users feedback, broken promises, lame updates, software instability and so forth.

Man, NI really mess this up..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Si_Edwards

Si_Edwards New Member

10. Si_Edwards

Si_Edwards New Member

Managed to fix it with another fresh install, but I’m done with Traktor now just bought a DDJ1000 with Rekordbox fed up with issues even the microphone echo on the S4mk3 is a joke now

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brian J.

Can’t blame you. I mean if my computer crashed in club full of people I would never ever use Traktor again. Fortunately 2.11/X1 MK2 and NXS2 900 mixer sound card are rock solid. Just waiting to see Pioneer next move..

12. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

Another person that went to the DDJ-1000. Its going to climb a lot on the most sold controllers.
    No need to leave Traktor, please consider my ddj-1000 mapping here:
    https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/9279

• Like Like x 1
  13. olafmol

olafmol NI Product Owner

I'm with you on this. What NI needs to understand that for gigging DJ's (NOT the bedroom DJ's) stability is CRUCIAL. That's why I'm still on OS X Yosemite with Traktor Pro 2.6.8, X1 mk2 and Audio4DJ. I play typically set's of 5+ hours, and this setup is rock-solid and doesn't crash or have strange behaviour. No way I'm going to trust the new Traktor 3 version until it's been trialled in the wild for 1 year+. Also eying the Pioneer ecosystem because I already use Rekordbox to manage my USB sticks for backup Pio CDJ players I use for gigs. NI should decide if they want to focus on bedroom or on gigging DJ's, or maybe create 2 seperate "brands", one PRO and one CREATIVE or something.

14. Cheef Roberts

Cheef Roberts NI Product Owner

I DJ for 5 plus hours too, every weekend. Since the 3.1.1 update in Feb I have had no crashes or audio drop outs on TP3 with the S4 MK3. That must be around 200 hours of smooth mixing since this update. It was unstable for the first few months but believe me it is stable now.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Brian J.

I’m glad is working out for you.. But there are plenty of people experiencing crashes, instabilities and so forth..

Truth to be told, I haven’t seen many(if any at all) club/touring DJs using TP3. Sadly, this new version doesn’t seem to be stable enough to be used in a professionally.

NI really messed up major with TP3 in my opinion.. To the point that it might be too late to recover.. We’ll see in 2020 If anything changes but I doubt it.

16. Cheef Roberts

Cheef Roberts NI Product Owner

The crashes may be down to the way they have their laptops configured and hardware conflicts. There are not many laptops that are optimised for audio/low latency out of the box. There are countless windows laptops out there with countless hardware combinations.

Pro DJs all use Pioneer CDJ Nexus setup as it is the club standard. I personally don't agree it should be but sadly that's just the way it is. A controller is snobisly frowned upon in a DJ booth so this is probably why no pro DJs use it. Then again who uses a DDJ 1000 RB or Serato controller either if there is full Nexus setup already in the booth?

17. Brian J.

Well, I use the X1 MK2 between the DJM 900NXS 2 and CDJs all the times. It’s quite a common set up and nobody ever gave me a dirty look when I’m prepping(which it takes less than 5 minutes). So yes, the majority of pros are still playing with CDJ but there is still a good chunk of awesome house and techno DJs still using Traktor(2).

• Like Like x 1
  18. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

Traktor is rock solid software, stop spreading myths about it. If your getting errors its down to the user. I use it week in week out for years and years and never had a crash. your dj laptop should never see the internet or anything but windows and your dj software of choice. it really is that simple.

19. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

no ones giving you a dirty look because the x1 sits between the mixer and a cdj almost undetected and sets up in minutes, try to be upfront with your comments. i used the x1 for 3 years in exactly that situation it was great.

20. Brian J.

TP2 is rock solid, TP3 sadly it isn’t. I’m not spreading mynths, you are:)

Just because is working out for you it doesn’t mean that is “ rock solid”..

Oh and don’t patronize me. I been using music related software for over 20 years. So is not down to “user error”..

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1