A Message from TRAKTOR

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Friedemann @ NI, Sep 25, 2019.

1. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

yes exactly the last 100% safe mac for djing was the 2012 model, its been carnage since with apple updates. Taking your laptop online for day to day tasks is low risk, torrents and night time activities not so much ;)

2. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Mainly checking emails and keeping you idiots inline on here :p

I'm kidding..
    I check my emails on my phone.:D

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Cheef Roberts

Cheef Roberts NI Product Owner

I agree with everything you said. On the issue of staying offline it definitely is preferable to do so as when I used Latency Mon the main culprit was my network driver. NI even recommend you disable it here (section 4.1):

https://support.native-instruments....1729-Windows-Tuning-Tips-for-Audio-Processing

There is also a list of problematic drivers that you can download as a pdf, network driver being one of them.

In your case if your macbook performs ok then no need to disable it of course. I always say don't fix something that isn't broken.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

I absolutely agree that people should keep their machines off the internet whilst DJ'ing. It's sensible

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daniel Hartmann

Daniel Hartmann NI Product Owner

Oh man I would like to thank you for your reply. I am really glad to hear that, not only from my personal perspective. You are totally right. I would like to round it up with a quote from Breaking Bad: All bad things must come to an end :) Is there anything we can do to support you on your way to the final release?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. decat_Tf

decat_Tf NI Product Owner

Never had any issues with Traktor here.

Been using it on:

MSI Gaming laptop, no issues at all
    2012 Macbook Pro i7, no issues at all & still in use
    2011 27" iMac i5, no issues at all & still in use
    Recent self built PC (Aorus Master, 9700k), still in use on hackint0sh & no issues at all

My mate running it on a 2012 Retina, no issues at all & still using it.

7. Odyseuss

Odyseuss New Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

9. AlMagnifico

AlMagnifico New Member

sorry, I saw a new member and a link without any context, that looked like spam.

10. Jonathan Blake

Jonathan Blake NI Product Owner

11. PyurEntertainment

PyurEntertainment New Member

That's great. I'm still waiting for a trouble ticket response for SYNC LOCK issues. Very frustrating and I'm sure others have been here much longer then I have that may be used to waiting weeks to get a support response. Before launching new products, could we possibly get products with little to zero bugs?

Thanks!