A sequencer.

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by soniclabsaudio, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soniclabsaudio

soniclabsaudio New Member

alot of ppl use battery as a standalone or in other programs but i would like to make scratch patterns and a simple sequencer would be great.

2. tatem333

tatem333 NI Product Owner

A true dedicated drum editor

But also have it work while a plug in. A nice feature would be once the pattern is done as with the ultrabeat in Logic you can drag and drop your file over into your main program if you so wish to do so. It should be attached to the bottom of battery with all the tools you would need.
    THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN I hate THE drum editor in Logic!

3. continuous

continuous NI Product Owner

Yep, Battery needs a sequencer. That is all it is missing in my book. Needs to be able to export midi also.

cheers

4. touched1

touched1 NI Product Owner

Could not agree more.
    I've always wanted a simple pattern sequencer in Battery.

5. Goldstein

Goldstein NI Product Owner

Yes, I also want more pattern stuff...

6. Lowkus

Lowkus NI Product Owner

If you go through Kore2, it might enable this feature. But don't quote me on that.

7. WillBarnett

WillBarnett Forum Member

And an undo of course. Oh and the ability to play native B3 samples.

8. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

9. Goldstein

Yes... me too. Inside battery. And with prepared, changeable midi patterns.. combined with sound sets...

10. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...with the ability to quantise each sample's pattern individually...

11. temetrepo

temetrepo Forum Member

yes, a seq would be very welcome

12. Goldstein

With swing/shuffle and with groove templates (from samba to polyrythms...) for each track...

13. thelocalhost

thelocalhost NI Product Owner

I don't think Battery should have a sequencer. The sequencer should be from the host application (Live/Logic/Cubase), not some lackluster sequencer within the Battery. For example, the sequencer within Kontakt3 is an absolutely terrible relative to any host application.

Also, creating beats in a sequencer without the ability to undo would be horrible.

14. touched1

touched1 NI Product Owner

Great.
    Keep using your DAW's sequencer, no one says you have to use it if it's there. The rest of us want a sequencer in Battery and will keep asking for it.

Agreed, if it's identical to Kontakt's then no thanks. I've no use for a sequencer like that.

As for the undo, there is a thread about that here:
    http://www.native-instruments.com:80/forum_us/showthread.php?t=54717

Chime in if you like. Undo is a sorely overlooked missing feature for Battery.

15. parma

parma NI Product Owner

I would love a sequencer - just something "simple" like GURU or Ultrabeat

I can't believe Battery doesn't already have one

16. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

'The Rest of Us' would seem to indicate EVERYONE apart from the guy being replied to.

Not so. Not at ALL. If you want to use a sequencer then...er..... use a sequencer. Battery is at its best doing what it does - making drum sounds.

I (and I guess others) do NOT want it turning into a 'Jack-of-all-Trades'. And if a sequencer is included but not used, we will be paying for bloat.

You are, of course, fully entitled to 'keep on asking' but don't assume that you're asking on everyone else's behalf and I, for one, sincerely hope that NI keep ignoring you.

17. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

And edit Absynth envelopes perhaps?

18. williamgdonovan

williamgdonovan New Member

I have a sequencer it's logic I am not asking for anything like that I want a step sequencer for drum patterns only hell just mimic ultrabeat I don't particularly like the mods on ultrabeat but the step sequencer is great. Lets go NI gitrdone

19. thelocalhost

UltraBeat's new sequencer in Logic8 is pretty nice and it might be nice to have something like that in Battery. However, I still think that Battery has so many fundamental workflow issues and design flaws that a sequencer shouldn't be added. The Browser is absolutely worthless. The organization of the library is horrible and antiquated. Products like FM8, Massive, Absynth have terrific user interfaces for finding sounds and are nicely integrated with Kore. They are the canonical example of NI's "find (by attributes/tags), play, tweak" philosophy. Battery doesn't follow this workflow philosophy.

And look at the sequencer within Kontakt. This is what NI considers to be sequencer. It's absolutely abysmal. NI should make a proper drum sequencer and take it out of the sampler (e.g., Kontakt, Battery) and put it into Kore. Keep the sampler for tweaking, manipulating, destroying, etc... the samples.

20. thelocalhost

Do this with Kore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.