A sequencer.

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by soniclabsaudio, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

Kore does have a step sequencer though i don't know if that is what you meant. The drum sequencer in Kontact isn't pretty to look at and a little confusing, but it does what it does pretty well, imo. Its a sequencer I'm not really looking for anythign all that complicated.

2. PM33AUD

PM33AUD New Member

schrage musik - agreed...

I don't want a step sequencer built into Battery. I use it for what it is good at - mapping samples. Adding extra junk will only make it larger, slower, and more difficult to use. Most all DAWs have decent sequencers or piano roll editors - use em. IDK, maybe most ppl aren't like me but I use it as a plugin.

Phil

3. DJ DiscoPimp

DJ DiscoPimp NI Product Owner

totally agree .. and the 2 'built-in' sequencers from NI i have now (Kontakt and Kore) are both a bit of a joke ... so please let's not have another one of those attempts in Battery.

i'd also rather have a stable, fully automatable Battery first ...

4. Goldstein

Goldstein NI Product Owner

I agree that I also don't use the sequencers in Kontakt and Kore yet, but I guess that BFD2 is a really interesting concept and a sequencer is an important thing in a drum machine... anyway, it could be made optional so that one those who want should use it... I still would like to see an inbuilt sequencer incl. the possibility to record my patterns life from my electronic drum kit... so a little MPC 600 in my battery? yes, please.

5. signaturex

signaturex NI Product Owner

can battery be triggered from an external sequencer? like ableton, digital performer, reason.. Just like a set of pad kits. .. right?

6. signaturex

signaturex NI Product Owner

if NI were to build a sequencer it should be an audio router, plug in infastructure and midi device... but why... there are already 100 products that do this. More likely I want to see a progressive triggering device, i use traktor and I would like to be able to trigger samples from traktor and by cue points in traktors song data stripes. Also control of midi files by traktor so that they could be played into a drum synth like battery or any other synth. .. So in more or less.. If NI builds onto these programs it might be best as program that helps to connect the programs to other programs and rout midi in-between.

Basically playing a synth or drum machine with a turntable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.