A STANDALONE Monster DJ PLAYER AND DJ CONTROLLER

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by david tee, Jul 19, 2018.

1. david tee

david tee NI Product Owner

WATCH VIDEO

2. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

+1 for big jogwheels.

• Like Like x 1
  3. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

no body wants a 4 screen controller, next time you do a video put more thought into it, this is a painful watch

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. david tee

Next Priorities:
    option 1 spilt 2 wave form into a pair due decks or quad.

4-channel Engine standalone mixing
    option 2 4 display with its Own ch. (4 ch ).

Dual lan.. Chaining. built in hub

2 USB 3.0. for external hard drive.

plays : wav,aiff,flac,and mp3.

Ram 4 tb for hardware tweaking ( for any reason) .

A 4 cue/loop/trigger Bank. TOTAL 32 CELL,.

Independent Stereo expender for each ch. On\off with adjustments
    great to make some mp3 bring up the widnes a bit.

Bigger jog wheels with RING METERS RGB / with out.

Metal finish (black}

Endless endcoders, metal pots , RGB RING METERS (ALL OF THEM)

AUTO EQ SAVE SETTING (LIKE AUTO GAIN) TRAKTOR SOFTWARE (note picks up where its left off)

TRAKTOR SOFTWARE import and extract. converter
    PLAYLIST

All as above is a most.

5. Strange Matter

Strange Matter NI Product Owner

So basically, your video is trying to say that DJs around the world are waiting for a software company to build a standalone DJ player to rival Pioneer/Denon despite having absolutely zero experience in that field?

You're gonna be waiting a LOOOOOONG old time mate!

6. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

This sounds like a request from people who cannot afford a set of XDJ's or SC5000's. I hate to be that butthole, but save your chips. You will save up enough money to purchase the already existing hardware way before the time that NI ( a software company mainly mind you) puts their R+D and investment into taking a chance on competing with Hardware. Denon is barely making it happen competing with Pioneer (mostly due to the huge group of ownership that Inmusic already has in other brands to cover any upfront losses). Native instruments has never been a company to take huge gambles like that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. radiokrishna

radiokrishna NI Product Owner

I believe that it is better to move towards the perfect integration of the Traktor software with hardware. Trying to get rid of the laptop and play with flash drives on small screens of controllers is unclear to me. What for? Laptop is so convenient for quick search of the desired song, the organization of the collection, fast playlist updates, sorting, filtering etc. Controllers are only needed to work without looking at the controller. You can press buttons and twist knobs and faders using muscle memory. For this you need physical controls. The search&choice of tracks and work with the collection is easier to do with a laptop.

Secondly, standalone controllers are expensive. I don't see much point in competing with the Pioneers and Denon. And I do not see the point in buying too expensive toy, if it breaks down after 5-6 years and the repair will be problematic, since that controller by that time will not be relevant, and will be discontinued.

• Like Like x 2
  8. radiokrishna

radiokrishna NI Product Owner

But DJ tag&prep player for iPhone is really really needed.

9. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

I wouldn't be surprised if this is eventually answered by way of a phone application and the USB port on the newer controllers they make.
    Not neccesarily standalone but streamlining the software to mobile handheld control for loading tracks, the possibility of Spotify or other streaming, freeing up the DJ booth or small mobile DJ spaces.

As far as why I am against a standalone device goes, I am absolutely Not against that.
    But keeping all controllers and software open to any device and options of customization in the way of a screen or workflow is a much bigger customer base and cost effective way of updates for everyone.

Of course really the laptop is more powerful than a phone or tablet still(but the technology is closer), so maybe the idea of a second screen via bluetooth with a phone or tablet or the USB plug on a controller and shutting the laptop would be a good option as well.

I would love to have my phone connect and browse album art on playlists and stream all I wanted to play form Google Play or Spotify.
    To me that would be awesome, but I would definitely keep a laptop open and still use the UI as reference and overall feedback of everything that is happening.

10. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

That’s actually possible with Djay Pro iOS app. Also S2/4 Mk2 were iOS compatible so new ones (with iOS port label) should be. For DVS take djplayer pro.

For the standalone with embedded system part, read this and learn what are you asking for. It could be possible since Traktor is going to be rewritten (or is rewritting at this moment) so make it Juce and fit it inside this.
    https://forum.juce.com/t/announcement-juce-support-for-embedded-linux/18625

Similar gear has emerged over years but maybe too futuristic so it’s a matter of time...

11. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

The irony of a request for a software-less DJ solution posted on a subforum for exactly the thing your trying to replace.

It's a bit like a butcher posting recipes on a Vegan website.

I'll move this to the general features request subforum where it can grow old and get covered in weeds and moss :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. david tee

LIKE I SAID hands down....

13. Strange Matter

Lol, we told you there's no point NI making a standalone controller to compete with Pioneer and Denon and your big "I told you so" moment is that Denon made one? Ok bro

14. [chris b]

[chris b] NI Product Owner

NI have alluded to the possibility of a standalone Traktor DJ 2 unit.

15. Strange Matter

They also said that the XDJ-1000 mk2s would get HID some time last year but here we are

16. [chris b]

The two are completely unrelated.

17. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

with all in one controlllers such as this there needs to be some kind of water resistance implementation.

this looks to be a great controller, but you wont see me taking this into the absolute war zone where i work, 1 accidental beer and effectively you've lost your laptop, mixer, and 2 decks all in one quick moment.

i much prefer a modular set up where every piece is interchangable, its a bit like when the "serato face" was a thing and folk started sticking 4" screens on hardware, please the laptop will always be king!

18. [chris b]

Why is water resistance any different for this than existing setups? If your laptop is covered in liquid, your controller and Traktor are as good as useless anyway.

In terms of reliability you have fewer connections, fewer cables, and hardware that has software/firmware custom built to run on it. With a laptop you potentially have laptop, BIOS, OS, DJ software, whatever other software is on your laptop, usb cable, laptop power, controller power, controller, controller firmware. Many more points of failure.

Serato face has nothing to do with 4" screens on hardware, it was coined long before that was even a thing. It's to do with having your laptop in front of you, staring at it. Besides, most modern non standalone units have screens of some sort now.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

what ever chris

20. [chris b]

Dislike? Sad face