A straight answer please !

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Dan klesh, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Dan klesh

Dan klesh New Member

I've posted in Multiple communities and the people don't know what they are talking about it and then found this and was like great ! Anyway I have a MacBook Pro with Maschine mk2. I bought a numark pt01 Ian turntable to sample from. I wanted to save money so I hooked right up to the computer via usb. I'm getting a signal coming in from the preferences in the Mac but as for as Maschine software when I and sample whether from internal external or external mono no signal comes in. I also tried messing with the audio and midi settings in Maschine that does nothing as well. So my question is ami gonna have to buy a interface and if so hopefully not will any interface work ?

2. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

If you don't want good latency, good performance, good drivers, and good clear preamps to record into then don't get one of these:
    https://us.focusrite.com/scarlett-range

Alternatively hobble around with a cheap sound chip.
    Straight enough I hope :cool:
    Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dreddiknight

dreddiknight NI Product Owner

A turntable requires a preamp, an audio interface, or a mixer to get the levels up to the required level... You could use an amplifier (phono setting), and run the amp into your computer. Those usb turntables often have a line out, that could do the job too.

4. Dan klesh

Dan klesh New Member

Right but what goes out of the line out on the sub turntable and to where the interface

5. CakeAlexS

A lead with sockets either side. Out of phono into the audio interface.

6. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

Whipped cream.

It looks as if all the people on the other forums are not the only ones who don't know what they're talking about. Look at what CakeAlexS said.

7. Dan klesh

Dan klesh New Member

Huh ? No idea what that means. He only told me what I shouldn't get so I don't see how that helps.

8. CakeAlexS

Check to make sure your record player does actually have an audio out. If it's USB only you could be in difficulties.

9. Dan klesh

Dan klesh New Member

A detailed answer like this type of cable to the interface would be nice.

10. Dan klesh

Dan klesh New Member

The whole point of me getting this usb was so I didn't have to get a interface. You can use it to transfer viynl so my computer picks up the signal it's just Maschine not recognizing it which I don't get so annoying

11. Dan klesh

Dan klesh New Member

Forget another stupid post with no real answer. WHAT TYPE OF WIRE FROM TURNTABLE TO INTERFACE IM SORRY I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.

12. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

I did a search on this product for you.
    http://www.numark.com/product/pt01
    Not a lot of details there. Does not appear to be an audio interface. It does not say it has Core audio or ASIO drivers with this by the looks of it.
    You DO need an audio interface. You would then plug the line outs from that into the audio interface.

13. CakeAlexS

You are starting to discover USB output for audio is a pain in ass, regardless of you get it working it will be a low quality output. All I can say is make sure you have the right drivers. Google for solutions with your turntable model. I'm not a Mac expert so I shall pass this one over..

14. b-righteous

I will add that your frustration is that this is not a common audio device and does not appear to do what you where hoping.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  15. CakeAlexS

As above. Similar to my stupid answer.

16. b-righteous

I am not sure it even delivers audio output over USB. No sign of pro audio drivers on the web page that I could find.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CakeAlexS

Seems like he's got two phono out (left and right) and USB, agreed not sure what USB does:
    [​IMG]
    Stupid me googled the stupid manual for him as well, he can read it:
    http://www.numark.com/images/product_downloads/pt01_quickstartguide.pdf

18. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

http://www.numark.com/product/pt01usb

Under Mac audio preferences is it listed along with the built in input /output ,can u right click it , and select "use this device for sound input "

19. b-righteous

USB 1?? Boy is this old. Likely a no go.
    Minimum System Requirements (PC):

• Windows 2000/XP/Vista
    • USB 1.1 port
    • Minimum System Requirements (MAC):
      • Mac OS X 10.4.x*
      • USB 1.1 por

20. CakeAlexS

U
    Good one. I hope his stupid specs are up to his stupid record player. Good luck to him off for a stupid pint :)