1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

A61 connected to Samsung Tablet - does it work/power up?

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by ferion, Jan 7, 2022.

1. ferion

ferion NI Product Owner

Hi guys,
    possibly a really dumb question, but here we go:

I am thinking to buy an A61 which I would then like to connect via standard USB 3 adapter to my Samsung Galaxy A7 Tablet (onto which I would then possibly install Cubasis 3 then).
    My question; will the keyboard work/, i.e. will it receive enough power from the tablet (when to tablet itself is NOT connected to an external power source) so I can play, and if yes, how is the level of power consumption compared to say playing a gaming app (higher or comparable)?

Thx for any replies
    ferion

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

Hello,

my A49 works with my tablet and an otg cable. So it should work for you too i used it with caustic in the past a few times.

Uwe

3. ferion

ferion NI Product Owner

HI and thx for the quick reply.
    Does your adapter cable has the otg logo or is it bacically an USB- A to USB-C adapter cable (not that I know if there would be a difference, but on Amazon.sg I did not find an adapter cable with the OTG logo -but - as a layman I assume the other cables should work as well )

4. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

It has no logo on it it's just a simple cable as you described it.

Uwe

• Like Like x 1