Ableton 10 is coming

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by Supercreative, Nov 2, 2017.

1. ivarin

ivarin NI Product Owner

saying that you totally ignore their 9.5 (free) update with new awesome filters and reworked simpler from the ground up

2. Joca

Joca NI Product Owner

Capture does work very well but it is worth noting that it only detects BPM on the first recording.
    If you subsequently use capture, even on a different MIDI track and a dfferent scene, the BPM will not be changed.

3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I still find it interesting and innovative. You realize most music is made in one BPM right? Because a lot of people use AL for some form of DJing people will request the same thing you are asking, it will probably be added in the future.

4. Joca

Joca NI Product Owner

It is not so much about using Capture for varying song tempo, it is that Capture will only detect tempo when it is the first MIDI clip. To reset it, so that it will detect your playing tempo again, it seems that you have to remove all MIDI and Audio clips.

5. D-One

Sounds like that's by design. If you have MIDI already there its natural to assume the user wants to "capture" things in the same BPM

• Like Like x 1
  6. Organik_Dream

Organik_Dream NI Product Owner

I have to agree with you on that . If i combine both yes could be a package to be happy about. Just unhappy with how long it takes to develop this is way too long to anticipate .its actually demotivating ..

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

I am sure you would have something else to say if Ableton jumped from v9 to v10 just for the paid upgrade. The fact is there has been some key features over the lifetime of v9, not least support for push 1 & 2, there was also that unique feature which converts audio to midi and dual screen support, not to mention warp markers etc. No, I would say Ableton has given us a good run for the money.

Even now, with this advance notice of v10, you have to wonder if there are other wow features which will only be made known at the release. I'm sure Ableton would be looking at their rival's feature request lists with a wry smile.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

If you have the suite you could sign up for an advance beta ;)

9. Organik_Dream

Other wow features ..lol keep waiting bro something sure might come lol sorry ..

10. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

This month's Future Music magazine also alludes to other features it expects / expected with v10.
    It makes perfect sense to hold something back until the actual release.

11. D-One

Where there many meaningful updates during version 9? Ableton newbie here, serious question.

12. Organik_Dream

13. D-One

14. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

9.5 was a free update for owners of L9. I believe 10 is the only paid update since 9.

15. D-One

Oh... So... During version 9 there were definitely many significant updates.
    Looking at this gigantic list: https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article/live-9-release-notes/
    I see a ton of improvements, bugfixes and workflow enhancements which is the most important thing for me and what makes a more practical difference while actually using the software to make Music. So I don't really get how this can be "slow development"

16. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...that's interesting. Such as?

17. D-One

Issue #324? I cant find it, what page?

18. dasoli

dasoli NI Product Owner

I just wanted to send you this link.
    ok, you have found yourself.

four years!
    And now, let's compare this list with the one from machine 2.0 to 2.6.10
    now understandable where the problem lies?
    Machine is great only the development is very very slow.
    and of course that's just my personal opinion!
    only for confirmation!
    all updates from 9.0 to 9.7.5 were free! incl. 9.5:D

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  19. D-One

What makes you think I don't "understand" the problem? Clearly you don't know me very well :D

20. dasoli

dasoli NI Product Owner

Excuse me,:(
    German to google to English.
    not meant to be as personal as it sounds.
    have, no "you" inserted ... I thought. :confused:
    "now understandable for everyone ..."
    but you are right ... I do not know you!
    Personally, I just think it might be interesting to compare both programs over those four years.

• Like Like x 1