1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

ableton live plugin

Discussion in 'SPEKTRAL DELAY' started by beluga, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beluga

beluga NI Product Owner

Ableton Live lets me assign a folder of VST plugins. I did that, and some of the plugins there are immediately available. Spektral Delay.vst is in the folder, but i can not get Live to recognize it. I am using the latest version of SD but an older version of Live (2.4). Any help is appreciated.

2. texas_noise

texas_noise NI Product Owner

I am using SD with Live 5 and everything works just fine. There may be a compatibility issue with the older version of Live (?).

3. summersc2002

summersc2002 Forum Member

same here, Live 5 and spektral delay are working fine.I know this is noob, but is the .dll file in there?

4. conny_komplete

conny_komplete New Member

I've got Live 5 and SD.
    SD shows up fine but I got no change of sound out of it.
    In Plogue Bidule as host it's fine. Strange.

// C

5. Proaktornation

Proaktornation NI Product Owner

I just used SD inside Kore inside Live 5.2 with no problem.

6. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

?

I've used it inside Live since v1 without issues.
    A couple things to check...

1) If you've been using SD for a long time, there's a spurious mono .dll version that was part of the original installer that gets left behind when updating. This will raise havoc with some systems. It's labeled SpektralDelay mono.dll- if you have it on your machine, delete it.
    2) Did you run it in standalone first before trying to use it as a plugin? If not, do so...

ew

7. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...same here - with SX2 everything is fine, but not with Live 5.2...

8. kizzah

kizzah NI Product Owner

I'm using Live 5.2 and Spektral Delay and I have no dry/wet knob. Or I should say Spektral Delay has no dry/wet knob. Tech support said "this has been listed as a bug". Which I took to mean "Go away".

So I did.

9. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...indeed - there is no dry/wet knob?!?!!!?!

10. kizzah

kizzah NI Product Owner

I heard a couple of other people had the same problem, but now it seems it's just me. There's just a grey space where the knob should be. Also I can't run it standalone as it crashes as soon as I try to load audio into the tape deck.

Something about my system I suppose : (

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.