1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Ableton Live Session Record?

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by JesterMgee, Jun 2, 2019.

1. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

So it's been a while since I have had time to really get into recording anything new and I typically use to design the layout of a session using Push then trigger recording with a footswitch when I was ready but I have since shifted my keyboard in front of me instead of a stand off to the side and decided to try and record session clips using the keyboard.

Using an MK1 keyboard, I cannot get session recording to work at all. Press REC and it records to arrangement, press SHIFT + REC and same thing, arrangement.

Also tried every other combination of buttons I could think of.

Is it even possible?

2. Louis~

Louis~ NI Product Owner

Clip recording along with many other useful features were brought on board with the MK2. I found the MK2 to be a well worth upgrade from my MK1.

3. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

Yeah for me tho, having owned the MK1 only 2 years before MK2 came out i'm much more interested to get more mileage out of gear before upgrading, especially with the MK2 being $1200au for the S61. I personally like the look and feel of the MK1 and don't use the screens for browsing, I just do it with the mouse. I have an A series and it is not as nice in feel to the MK1 and has a bothersome little screen.

I am certain tho there was a way to press Shift + Rec to do session recording.

4. Weakandwackbeats

Weakandwackbeats NI Product Owner

did you ever fix this?

I have an MK2 kks61 and out of nowhere it all just started to record in Session all the time.