1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Ableton not reloading Reaktor ensembles properly

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by ogradyg, Mar 17, 2018.

1. ogradyg

ogradyg New Member

I'm having a problem with Reaktor ensembles not reloading properly when I open a saved project in Ableton Live 9 Suite on Win 10 64.

When I add Reaktor ensembles into my Ableton project either directly through the Reaktor VST or through Komplete Kontrol everything works fine. When I reload the same project, Reaktor says it can't find the ensembles and shows the path it's looking for. The path listed is always missing the last backslash (\) before the ensemble name.

KompleteAbletonMissingSlash.PNG

This doesn't happen to my Kontakt instruments in the same project.

Anyone else experience this? Any suggested solutions?

Thanks.

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

In Reaktor preferences you can manage directories from where your files save and load. Is in Komplete Kontrol a similar setting possible?

3. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

If we're talking of User Library paths, yes there is.

4. Philippe

I'm not on PC, but the path you show here does not look like a NI path. May be you saved an alternative (personal) version of Prism ? But that would not explain the missing slash, except if you inadvertently saved a personal version called PrismPrism. :-/

5. robertroff

robertroff NI Product Owner

I'm experiencing this issue as well, but not with all ensembles. No matter what I do I can not get ensembles to save and be recalled in a DAW project or as DAW presets. It's happening with Form, Flesh, Travelizer and Grainstates for example, but not Monark, Razor, Prism or Kontour (for example, these are ones I've noticed missing from tracks or that I've tested). This is really annoying. Locating the ensemble still makes it disappear next time the project or preset is loaded. Always seems to be be a missing backslash in the file name, but at different places within the path for different ensembles. How has this been unresolved since MARCH!!!!!!

6. aboxclaude

aboxclaude NI Product Owner

One thing to try is to freeze the track with the ensemble. When you open your project again, you can unfreeze it to see if location was remembered properly. I am in Win 7, 64 and have always done this just to safe-guard a mix. I find that when I un-freeze, everything is recalled even tracks where I actually forgot to save an edited preset (not wise, but can happen at 3am).

Another thing to try is to save your ensemble while in the project. This might resolve it?

7. technochitlin

technochitlin New Member

I am also having the exact same problem- hey, Native Instruments? Care to weigh in on this?
    reaktor issue.png

8. Callum Taylor

Callum Taylor New Member

+1 having this issue also

9. gentleclockdivider

gentleclockdivider NI Product Owner

I advise everyon to create a seperate directory , preferably on different drive to store all your ensembles , even the N.I. ones

• Like Like x 1
  10. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

I do that since start with Reaktor in 2004

11. jbone1313

jbone1313 NI Product Owner

Same issue here. Any resolution?

12. Philippe

Is it in 6.3 ?

13. technochitlin

technochitlin New Member

This seems to be pretty much the most functional answer; just save the ensemble (I refer to the particular song in the ensemble name) either with the song (inside the Ableton Project) or in a separate folder with nothing but other Reaktor ensembles. At least then you can find it and load it if it doesn't automatically load.

14. jbone1313

After updating to 6.3, it still did not work. But, then I did a repair using Native Access, and now it works. Thanks for the replies.

15. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

How do you repair Native Access?

16. jbone1313

Sorry, I meant to say I repaired the offending ensemble, Razor, using Native Access.

17. Brett Lavallee

Brett Lavallee NI Product Owner

Hello. I am also having a problem when trying to load projects, ever since updating to 6.3.

If I click on an ensemble file it loads a blank instance of Reaktor instead of the ensemble.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

upload_2019-4-14_14-1-34.png
    In later times - before 6.3 - Reaktor carry this icon
    upload_2019-4-14_14-2-35.png
    It looks like this now

Said missing the start connections on double click ens file

upload_2019-4-14_14-5-10.png

ens standard is R6 - but function is broken

19. Philippe

You mean Mac / PC interoperability is broken ? I don't really get this.

20. Laureano Lopez

Laureano Lopez NI Product Owner

it seems to be a problem with the software itself (and not the os) because it happens from the command line too. doesn't matter if start screen is disabled.