1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Ableton not reloading Reaktor ensembles properly

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by ogradyg, Mar 17, 2018.

1. gentleclockdivider

gentleclockdivider NI Product Owner

The user /path is the default folder where native acces stores it downloads

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

File type always open with selected program is broken on pc.

3. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

Related to Reaktor in Ableton ?

4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

I don't own Ableton. It's on my pc basicly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

oh

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frizzil

Frizzil New Member

I'm on Win10, still getting this issue with Reaktor and Ableton. Seems like it's been a very long time. There a bug filed somewhere? Anyone find a better workaround?

EDIT: Nevermind, I reinstalled Reaktor Factory Library and Reaktor Factory Selection R2 via Native Access and the issue seems to be resolved.

I'm wondering if some registry value somewhere was missing a slash, who knows. Missing slashes in file paths is a typical software problem, in any case. Glad to see it got fixed.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  7. aboxclaude

aboxclaude NI Product Owner

Just to chime in here... Reaktor seems to work really well with Ableton on my Windows 7 machine, but there are a few .ens files that don't behave in Windows 10 quite the way they should. To be fair, most of these are user library files, so I'm sure each os treats the .ens a little differently? Maybe?

Just my two cents. But I don't like it when I load something up in Ableton and the settings are messed up. One workaround is that I freeze my tracks right before I save. This way, I know that when the project is opened next time, it's 100% as I left it.

8. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Has the ens a name?