1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Absynth 5 and sample locations; read this first

Discussion in 'ABSYNTH' started by ew, Oct 10, 2009.

1. PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR NI Product Owner

My Absynth 5 folder has no samples folder within it.
    I didn't do anything different when I installed. What happened? What do I do to fix it?

2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

You're PC- right? There's not a folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Absynth 5?

ew

3. PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR NI Product Owner

You're right, Eric. I didn't look in "Common Files", I looked in Program Files/Native Instruments/Absynth 5. Thanks.

4. psychosamurai

psychosamurai New Member

This issue has still not been fixed with a simple update?

5. cis-didge

cis-didge NI Product Owner

...Wonder how long time it will take. I bought my Absynth 5 d.2/10-09 soon it will be 3 month's ago. And it if not completely useless its so annoying to use, that i dont intend to use it before it is updated........But 3 MONTH, in my opinion its not very good customer support....I keep waiting.

6. psychosamurai

psychosamurai New Member

cis-didge: that seems a little extreme to call absynth completely useless because of having to use the default sample directory. i find it really annoying myself... i use very customized directory organization.

are you referring to another feature?

it is ridiculous to have to wait so long for such a simple fix...literally would take programmers an hour or so, then of course i'm aware there's more into distributing it etc., but for sure not this long at all.

apparently there is an update coming that is in "beta phase". hopefully it'll have something fun in it to compensate for the wait.

7. cis-didge

..yes but my problem is, that i can NOT use the sample default directory, a part of the glitch seems to have with non english letters to do, my default directory is C/Programmer/Fælles Filer/Native Instruments......... So i am not extreme when i call it useless

8. JPaul23

JPaul23 NI Product Owner

The update is out, give it a whirl....

9. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Non- English or German keyboard layouts have caused NI issues more than once. About all I can tell you to do is contact support.

ew

10. Kush23

Kush23 NI Product Owner

In my case the new update is working fine. I can now move the samples and libraries to another partition by locating in the option menu

11. kennetha

kennetha NI Product Owner

I still have this problem after doing the 5.0.1 update.

I tried everything in this thread - but no luck so far.

I even uninstalled the old version - removed ANY Absynth 5 information in my Registry Database, and installed if right from scratch - I STILL can't load ANY of the samples from Absynth 5.

What's even worse is that more often than not when I try to load a missing sample by finding it manually on my C drive I get an error opening the sample - great.

I LOVED Absynth 4, but so far I haven't been using Absynth 5 at all (and I do mean at all) due to this 'Sample Not Found' problem.

I have honestly just about had it - I am so close to wanting my money back here - and I am not kidding.

KennethA

12. cis-didge

It was promised that the sample load error would be fixed in the next update...
    I have downloaded and installed that update today, i have rebuilded the database, but no....i still have that sample load error dialogue. I really regret i have bought Absynth 5.

And also knowing that i could have bought it cheaper during that period it have been no-working (x-mas sale 99 euro if i dont remember wrong) only makes my disappointment a bigger.

I realy dont hope i have to wait another 3 months for another update that maybe maybe not will fix the problem

13. Midi_Glider

Midi_Glider NI Product Owner

Still not working here... getting sample not found errors.

This is truly frustrating now. :(

Best,
    midi

14. cis-didge

also reading this in the Official update status - Absynth 5 – Current: 5.0.1 thread

"The currently available software version is Absynth 5.0.1.
    ---------

Information about further updates for Traktor is currently not available."

....that is not very promissing for how things work at native instruments, ...ok i am a little p..... now, but what have traktor to do with this?

15. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

And did you set the new path in the update, rebuild the database and reboot? Try that.

ew

16. cis-didge

..this i dont understand, i dont have any option for setting the path,either in the install nor in the update during install. i also dont understand that when i have completely uninstalled absynth5 and then reinstalled, the path i have manually set in the options at the first installation still remains. After the update my library-path still is C:\prgrammer\fælles filer etc.etc. Further more, when i uninstall absynth the library still remains on my harddrive...how can that be ? i have to delete it afterwards if i want to get rid of it. In my opinion installation an uninstallation Native Instruments products is a complete mess. I have 7 Absynth5 folders spread around on my pc, and most of them still exist if i uninstall absynth.

17. kennetha

kennetha NI Product Owner

Hi ew.

Yes I did - as I wrote I tried everything.

Notice that I and cis-didge are both using a Danish Windows as we both have 'fælles' in our default paths.
    I am a developer myself, and I ran through the Registry Database yesterday and found a couple of locations in there where the 'fælles' directory pointed to the sample directory that could not be changed to the new 'common' folder.

So I don't really see an easy fix here.

KennethA

18. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

As I said in my post on the previous page, non- English keyboard layouts have been known to cause issues. Contact support.

ew

19. cis-didge

then i can inform you that support HAS been informed and i HAVE told them i was using a non-english keyboard.
    In an e-mail from support 30/10-09 i was promised that this should become fixed with the first service update. And support has been in formed again after the update and i am still waiting for an reply.

20. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Did you specifically tell support you were using a non-English keyboard layout? The previous bug affected everybody; they might have just been referring to the English layout being fixed.

ew