ABSYNTH 5 Master tuning?

Discussion in 'ABSYNTH' started by Pcode, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Pcode

Pcode New Member

Hi Guys,
    does anyone know how to change the master tuning on ABSYNTH5? from 440Hz? to 432Hz

2. januarycivil

januarycivil NI Product Owner

Perform tab, Transpose. Tuning down to A=432 is around 31.7667 ¢

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

432 is a myth. :)

4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Why?

5. EvilDragon

• Like Like x 1
  6. 33tetragammon

33tetragammon NI Product Owner

EvilDragon that second video is hilarious by being so informative!!! I love it!!!

I'm not going to say 432 Hz is 'crap' or a 'myth' or anything. (I was in that camp also, but moved on.)

but I will say this: instead of focusing on (so-called) 'magic numbers' make music and HAVE FUN!!! people seem to get into all kinds of 'excuses' to NOT be able to make music and blablabla/ blame the Illuminati/annunaki whatever.....

we are immensely SPOILED by all these wonderful creative tools all around us and yet a lot of people get pulled into details and end up being way too serious about certain stuff that might not even exist in the REAL world....
    you know, like some new synth had MASSIVE aliasing...but wait...it didn't.....
    carry on, I will ignore the virtual sh#$storm coming my way.....

I love you all from my heart!!!

quote from the internet:

"So that's why Pantera tuned to 432 Hz. I mean, they were known for their soft, warm, and generally pleasant sound firmly rooted in gaian vibrations and harmony."

:D:D:D:D

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. januarycivil

the thing about it historically is that there was no 12-to-the-octave equal temperament in the time of 'Mozart pitch' or whatever so one legit argument for it is already a little suspect. It's lower by ≈32¢ :shrug:

8. EvilDragon

That's Neely's channel in a nutshell. Suggested sub! :)

9. januarycivil

Leaving aside that the 'Factor 9' argument may be absolute nonsense, whatever it is is not suited to harmonic music like that which is the whole idea of tempering to something more equal; let alone handling more than one key or say modality. To jump right away to playing jazz without more investigation into the 'Factor 9 Grid' is begging the question 'it sounds bad'.