1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Absynth 6 features

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Chrismeyer, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Chrismeyer

Chrismeyer New Member

I am sure a few of these have already been suggested, but here goes.

1. Patch self contain. Come on? this is a must. No more hunting for missing samples please?

2. Big GUI. I am 43 and my eyes are not what they used to be. Please. A full screen option. Think Omnisphere?

3. This is a big one but will be an eventual deal breaker for me. True 8 track multi-timbrality. Not just stacking tracks in Logic. I want to be able to build stunning multi timbral soundacapes within Absynth. Again, think Omnisphere.

4.Auto slicing of samples for tempo matching? Nice idea?

2. (((OM

(((OM New Member

I'll have to make a concurrence on point 3 and vary it a little. I do some 8 channel surround work at uni and elsewhere and I LOVE using Absynth for this, but it's a massive inconvenience for me to have to use Absynth as standalone, routing the MIDI out of Ableton/Logic, into Absynth, and then route all 8 individual outputs back into individual tracks in my DAW. I love the surround functions in Absynth when used as a plugin as I prefer but they really aren't complete enough, it's quite annoying only being able to use it as up to 5.1 in my DAW. I can route many, many outputs out of Kontakt, Reaktor, and Battery, so why not a simple 8 mono outputs for Absynth? Could be a good excuse to put in a nice surround panner type function in there too ;D Would love to be able to automate a mono sound source from Absynth around those 8 channels internally.

Keep it up NI! ;D

3. Ronny Bangsund

Ronny Bangsund NI Product Owner

This times a hundred, and the other suggestions +1. I just got a larger screen, but it's also a slight resolution upgrade. Still an eyestrain at 27"!

To add to that, I'd love to be able to stretch it fully across my secondary screen, and even focus and zoom on just one portion of the GUI at a time. I have the OS-level zoom, but it's not as convenient as permanently picking a few elements to always stretch across a screen.

4. MATAKAO

MATAKAO NI Product Owner

+1 for a big and full screen... with Os like Lion, I think this option will be often used.

5. mojopriest

mojopriest New Member

Hi,
    since the output question still lingers, I would like to know how exactly is the setting described below achieved. When I try to do the same, I create individual mono channels in DAW and assign them to the same inputs as the standalone Absynth channel outputs. However only two of those channels actually receive audio in DAW as if Absynth passed only 2-channel stereo (I have the Absynth 5.1 output on).

6. wehkah

wehkah Guest

There are no news for Absynth yet but i hope it will come up soon. It's a fantastic synth.

• Like Like x 1