Absynth -clicking noise

Discussion in 'ABSYNTH' started by ermac4482, Apr 11, 2012.

1. ermac4482

ermac4482 NI Product Owner

So im using Absynth 5 in Ableton and when it changes notes there is a clicking noise. in the beginning on seconds 03, 07, 11 Here's is a really rough draft of the track ----------->http://soundcloud.com/you/tracks . Any idea what do to in the plugin to get rid of this?

2. sampleconstruct

sampleconstruct NI Product Owner

Maybe add an envelope to the waveshaper's In and Out Gain with a soft attack/release - in case a waveshaper is involved at all.
    Your link doesn't work by the way, it directs me to my own Soundcloud page.

3. ermac4482

Sorry heres the correct link http://soundcloud.com/user3384203/we-have-a-woman-copy-1 it occurs right at the beginning on sec 3, 7, 11, Thanks for the info I will try that .Yeah its like the I have a one stretched out note then it goes a few notes higher for another measure but when it switches it makes a clicking sound. If there is anything else you could think of let me know. BTW where is wave shaper at in Absynth? Which menu up top is that

4. Toccata

Toccata New Member

Soften the attack ever-so-slightly in your Master Envelope.
    Envelope > [Master Envelope] A

Attached Files:

5. ermac4482

The thing is I need my attack all the way up. I dont get why they would make a soft synth or a pad with a click when changing notes. I may try something in waveshaper. I tried messing with the oscillators in the patch menu but nothing. Sucks, because ive read people having the same problem.Theres alot of great preset in Absynth 5 but lots of clicks.

6. Sweff

Sweff New Member

Yip, 5 years later and I'm trying to use the "Computer Keys" preset with this same clicky crap happening. If I reduce the attack I lose the tone I want :\

7. jaypin01

jaypin01 NI Product Owner

On the Master Filter 2, click the Mono/Poly button so that the filter becomes Polyphonic (You will instead see 3 parallel arrows). The clicking is happening due to the filter compensating for every voice. So once the Filter is Polyphonic, each note has its own filter envelope assigned, without needed to be re-set on every Note On/Off.

See image file attached.

Another way to prevent clicks is to increase the number of voices.

Attached Files:

8. Sweff

Sweff New Member

I think it's gone. Whoa thanks.. I'll remember that. Now to figure out the rest of Absyth...That same patch is panning around just a lil too much for my liking...Again...Thanks a lot :)