Absynth Demo

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Robic, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Robic

Robic New Member

Hi,

I try to test Absynth5 Demo . But the soft i have Downloaded doesn't look like the one in getting start .pdf ?????
    i found it on NI webside.

Thank you for your help!

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Isn't it like this? Please give us a hardcopy
    upload_2019-1-12_15-10-3.png

3. solger

solger NI Product Owner

Is perhaps currently a different Tab selected at the top of the Absynth window? (see the Browser, Perform, Patch, etc. buttons shown in the screenshot above)

Otherwise, as Paule already suggested, a screenshot would be helpful to clarify what you're referring to, exactly.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Robic

Robic New Member

Oh ! thank you. !
    So...

In the Getting Start pdt it look like this :
    Capture d’écran 2019-01-12 à 18.54.11.png

But in Absynth browser look like this :
    Capture d’écran 2019-01-12 à 18.53.25.png

Did i made something wrong?

Thank's

5. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

In the pdf it looks like Absynth shown in 2010. They don't backup the pdf.
    Your hardcopy shows like my full version from 2015.

6. Robic

Robic New Member

ah ok ! thanks a lot Paul
    So, it will be dificult for me to understand how to use sound mutation without info...

7. solger

solger NI Product Owner

Unfortunately it can happen that manuals have some outdated parts or images in them. In this case the Absynth preset format was changed at some point and the preset attribute categories were changed to Bankname, Type, SubType and Mode, as well (in comparison to the Instrument, Source, Timbre, Articulation and Genre ones used before) - but this wasn't updated in the manual.

Although the naming of some things might perhaps be a little bit different in the Absynth manuals/guides, the basic Absynth user interface and workflow concepts should still be the same, in general.

In addition, there are a bunch of online Absynth tutorials and videos available which should be helpful, as well.
    Just as example: https://www.adsrsounds.com/category/absynth-tutorials/

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Robic

Robic New Member

thanks !!

9. louisefraser

louisefraser New Member

I am having the same issue. Even through the browser window was changed in 2010 (which is a shame, it used to be WAY more sensitive), the manual that comes with the 2019 version is still for the 2010 version. I have wasted hours googling this stuff, not to mention hours trying to find manuals in the first place....

• Informative Informative x 1