1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Absynth-like envelop control…?

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by dcoffin, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Seoman303

Seoman303 NI Product Owner

There are of course the Multi-Breakpoint Envelopes from the Reaktor 5 Factory library. These work similar to the ones within Absynth. I didn't find them in the Reaktor 6 Factory content though.

Multi-BP Env.png

Attached Files:

2. dcoffin

dcoffin NI Product Owner

3. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

4. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

In terms of outside NI plugins - Omnisphere does, it was based partly on the granular synth Crystal (by the same developer) which in turn was inspired by Absynth. Another is (was) CamelAudio Alchemy - now part of Logic. u-he Zebra also features multi breakpoint envelopes.

5. dcoffin

dcoffin NI Product Owner

Fascinating, love to get glimpses of synth history (I've got all of those:). So, what's the connection between Crystal and Omnisphere exactly?

6. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

The person who developed Crystal, Glenn Olander, went on to be lead plugin developer for Spectrasonics - you can see lots of Crystal like elements in Omnisphere (including the envelopes)

• Like Like x 1
  7. dcoffin

dcoffin NI Product Owner

Excellent, thanks!

8. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

David, here is a MBP env in action with a larger display. Bottom right in the stacked macro. Made by Azertopia in 2007.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

10. dcoffin

dcoffin NI Product Owner

Thanks Paule; happy holidays!

11. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

David, please test some snapshots made by me for Daryls MultiBP-EG Block.

Attached Files:

12. dcoffin

dcoffin NI Product Owner

13. dcoffin

dcoffin NI Product Owner

Any idea how one would add an IC-Send to the MultiBP block…or ANY block? Googled the terms together, didn't get much, and nothing that I actually could follow!

14. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

David, can I use Daryls Block for bi-directional mods? Or is there another Block necessary?

15. dcoffin

dcoffin NI Product Owner

Jeez, that sounds like the sort of question I should ask you, Paule:) It doesn't look like it's possible, but better ask an expert!
    Thank you, btw, for your vast generosity, Paule; so very helpful and inspiring!

16. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

David, there is a Grain Example Ensemble patch by Matthew Friedrichs. If you change Obj to -3 and LW to 10 on every Multi Display from Grain Envelope Block there is your desired MOD-EG.

MOD-EG.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. dcoffin

dcoffin NI Product Owner

Thank you, Paule…but I'm WAY behind you here. Have NO idea what you mean by "Obj to -3 and LW to 10". Well, finally found Objects, I think (can't set the number to a negative…??), but what's LW…and THEN what? Certainly loving the Grain Example, though:)

18. Michael O'Hagan

Michael O'Hagan NI Product Owner

I believe LW is line width.

19. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Go inside the Block to Multi Display building block. First connection, the upper one, is called Obj. There is a constant with entry -1. Change to -3. Then look some connection point down .. X1, Y1 .. Now there is LW. Set a constant (right click on the connection point LW) set entry to 10. This are new funstions coming with R6.0.3. Colin use them at his ADSR Block. Somewhere here in the forum.

20. dcoffin

dcoffin NI Product Owner

Ah, thank you, that's very clear, even if hidden quite well:)

Still have no idea what exactly to DO with my new panel or filter display, to use it as a regular envelope/mod source. sorry to say…I've barely read the course description, let alone taken the class:)