1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Absynth not matching correct BPM?

Discussion in 'ABSYNTH' started by Ian Roe, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Ian Roe

Ian Roe New Member

Hi guys,

Is there any reason why when I am holding down a midi key in Absynth, it is not playing the loop to the correct BPM as my project? My project is 100 bpm, and I have adjusted in the bpm section (as seen in the photo attached) and it's still out of time?

Attached Files:

2. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

Are you using Absynth stand alone or in a DAW? Because if so it would pick up the bpm of the host.

• Like Like x 1
  3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Depends if a patch you loaded has any parameters with tempo sync enabled or not. Not all of them do.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Morris

Michael Morris NI Product Owner

Sorry to highjack this thread, but do you know how I can set the BPM parameter so the default is 120 BPM instead of 100? Its a pain always having to change it.

5. bytechop

bytechop NI Product Owner

That's right. It also worth to check the Envelopes, they also maybe out of sync / free running.

6. bytechop

In VST mode there is a % sign besides the BPM label, i'm sure it means 100% BPM from the host, so you dont have to set the BPM in VST mode or change it in percent. If you like to save a preset for new sounds, just overwrite the NewSound.nabs in the Absynth application folder, it also saves the BPM.

7. Michael Morris

Michael Morris NI Product Owner

Ok I get it. I thought it was the actual bpm not a percentage, stupid me,,,,sorry and thanks.

8. bytechop

Have fun!