1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Absynth: Osc ignore pitch bend?

Discussion in 'ABSYNTH' started by Mike Maksim, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Mike Maksim

Mike Maksim New Member

Is there any way to make one of the oscillators ignore the pitch bend data? I want to be able to bend the pitch of osc A and B, but to have the sound on osc C not be affected. How can I do this? Thanks!

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Hmmm I'm not sure if there's a way to do this at all in Absynth, actually.

3. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

Instead of PB, you could use Mod Wheel (CC#1) to control Osc B pitch (and not Osc A), for example.?

• Like Like x 2
  4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Yeah that would do as a workaround.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mike Maksim

Mike Maksim New Member

I think I found a solution. By setting the oscillator to Hz mode instead of transpose, the pitch of the osc will remain fixed.

Granted, this restricts that osc to the set frequency, so it won't transpose when playing different notes either.

And yes, thank you for the tip on using mod wheel (or other cc) to control pitch. That would be a good solution when you want to transpose, but pitch bend only some of the oscillators.