access the mixer for your current project from your smartphone

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by mason drielling, Apr 24, 2021.

1. mason drielling

mason drielling NI Product Owner

would be pretty cool to mix my beat from anywhere besides my smelly old chair

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Just the implementation of the good old mackie protocol to maschines mixer would allow this + many more options, I would love such a feature. But this will never happen I would guess.

Uwe

• Like Like x 1
  3. mason drielling

I got this app called remote mouse so ive already been doing it. Its just a matter up getting the mouse more compatible I guess now

4. Kubrak

Kubrak NI Product Owner

And MIDI would not work? If the smartphone or whatever sends MIDI, it could work. Or not? I haven't tried. Mackie protokol vould be cool. I have MCU. But it does not fit at all to portable cathegory. :-DDDDD

5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

this.. 100%!
    With MCU control people could use phone or tablet apps that emulate Mackie Control, they could use MIDI devices, motorized fader controllers, another Maschine in MIDI Mode, etc, etc, etc.... The possibilities are really endless as MCU is an established protocol.

If MCU is unlikely to happen then a dedicated remote-Maschine-app is even more unlikely considering not even iMaschine has had any update in years.

6. mason drielling

Could Maschine potentially respond to SSH scripts?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  7. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Hum... SSH is a way to have remote access to a computer and basically tell it what to do with commands, for simple things as launching Maschine software or close it should be possible, as well as using any commands on the File Menu by maybe launching Apple Scripts (I'm assuming you have a mac) but it will never be able to do anything too complicated like a controlling a mixer.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

iPad and sidecar , or duet display

9. mason drielling

I plan to use apple scripts for opening the app & some key commands. Idk if that's possible at all with or without Mackie commands, but if there was a key command to adjust group and sound output level it would change things just enough to allow users to change levels from a distance with just SSH scripts/macros/key commands and no Mackie commands

but if you could adjust just levels (or maybe parameters) from another device I think it would be very cool

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021