action strings not only phrases?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by psychoxkps, Oct 10, 2012.

1. CosmicCounselor

CosmicCounselor Forum Member

I hope this goes on sale yet this holiday season. What are the chances of that?

2. kberghoffer

kberghoffer New Member

The output of AS is AUDIO always or can be also the MIDI data?

very much thanks .

3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

It's audio only.

4. kberghoffer

kberghoffer New Member

thank you EvilDragon.
    How do people then getting AS programmed with a MIDI keyboard? played in with a different lib/patch and then change to AS?
    or all entered via the Computer keyboard to control AS then?

I'd love to play in via the masterkeyboard >> tweak it >> play it back with AS....possible?

5. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

All entered via your MIDI controller/DAW piano roll to control AS. It's definitely playable in realtime.

6. J. Zito

J. Zito New Member

Did you ever get a response to this? I'd love to take the phrases that are pre-built and export them into midi, so I can adjust them a tad in the piano roll or otherwise. I'm not sure how to go about doing this.

7. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

How about recording them and then using some pitch to MIDI device (Melodyne?) to get your MIDI data?

8. nigelc

nigelc NI Product Owner

I think you are missing the point of this product. Even if you could export the Midi, what would be the point?

The main selling point of this product is to be able to mix and match tempo synced phrases that have been played live. If you were to recreate them with Midi (a) you would need an orchestral library to play them with and (b) it would no longer have the live feel that these have.

If you look at the previous post I gave, Daniel James did a video that really shows how you can make completely unique phrases by:

1. Keyswitching between phrases even during a bar cycle (and before you say what only 5 phrases, first you can Keyswitch between up to 10 phrases and secondly any phrases in Action Strings can be loaded into the slots).

2. With the purely rhythmic phrases you can change notes at any point and they can be single notes, chords, octaves etc.

If you really want a phrase library that also offers Midi drag and drop, try Sonokinetic Sotto or Sonokinetic Capriccio.

9. J. Zito

J. Zito New Member

No, I'm not missing the point of the product - I just want to be able to expand upon it instead of being limited the existing functionality.