1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Add sorting column: 'Playlists'

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by crucial d, Jun 12, 2013.

1. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

I have been building my Traktor collection for many years now, (since the very first version of Traktor) and am still finding many tracks that are in my collection but haven't been sorted into a playlist or record box shortcut....

If a column field was added showing which playlists a track existed in, there would be two major benefits:

Firstly, one could sort by that column and find all tracks NOT currently assigned to a playlist

Secondly, one could see instantly whether a track has accidentally snuck into a playlist it shouldn't be in (thus causing playlist bloat)

The other way to do this would be to have a specific result shown in' consistency check' showing 'tracks not allocated to Playlists'; - with the option to immediately go to a list of those tracks and allow some sorting of them...

• Like Like x 1
  2. NReek

NReek NI Product Owner

First, most of the things/tasks you describe could be achieved with smart playlists and improving the way playlist folders work (if you select one in traktor you see nothing, if you select one in itunes, you see the content of all the playlists within).

Second, i don't understand how you'd have represented in a column, in a row, when a song is in more than one playlist?

3. crucial d

I had a eureka moment about this recently: all the devs need to do is ADD A COLUMN CALLED 'PLAYLISTS' in the column options. if the track is in one playlist, then the value will be '1'. If it's in 5 playlists, the value will be '5'. Ergo if the track is NOT IN A PLAYLIST then the value will be '0'

PLEASE DEVELOPERS can you think about this possibility - It is really frustrating to know that there are excellent tracks lurking in my collection that have not been categorised or put into my working playlists...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  4. crucial d

does anyone else have tracks in their collection that are not in playlists?

there should be some way to find these tracks to allow for better sorting

5. crucial d

BUMP

if T Pro 3 is in dev stage, this would be an excellent addition to the sorting columns:

Add a column called 'playlists'. The data in that field is a list of what playlists the track is in.

If sorting by that column, the tracks with nothing in the field are yet to be sorted, and can then be allocated to the correct crate / playlist.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

there is room for tonnes of improvement where traktor is concerned .