Add sysex support for midi

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Moonbot7000, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Moonbot7000

Moonbot7000 NI Product Owner

Many units use the sysex format and Reaktor should support it. Thanks!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

In later times you can load MIDI data in Reaktor.
    But this is gone - no MIDI player in Reaktor.

3. Studiowaves

Studiowaves NI Product Owner

Yes, it is silly not to allow it but also take into account you have to export a sysex file first before you read it back in.Unless your trying to import sysx like fm8 does from old dx patches or something. Seems to me just saving banks is fine, you can share them with others the same as sysex. Personally I don't see a use for it.

4. Moonbot7000

Moonbot7000 NI Product Owner

After spending some time with it, I agree. It's mostly for old equipment and there's probably no one except me asking for it.

5. Studiowaves

Studiowaves NI Product Owner

Even it were available it would be a long drawn out process. This is debatable but it may be possible to record sysex if it was converted in to an audio file. Once recorded import it into the read only lookup table in core as a wavefile. Then you've got it. Years ago Yamaha inserted plastic records into keyboard magazine. We could play them and use the tape out on a receiver to interface with a tape in on the Yamaha DX7. Pretty funny compared to current technology. But that didn't stop us from having fun and looking forward to see what they gave us.
    So I made my own version of the dx7 in Reaktor with extra features I always wished the DX7 had. After building it I wish I could import Sysex too so I could import some patches, No big deal, I just make em up as I go along. If you play keyboards let me know and I'll let you have it.

6. colB

colB NI Product Owner

Should be in there - otherwise MIDI support is not complete.
    Old equipment is still around. Sysex in Reaktor would mean folk don't need a programming background to implement their own tools to work with some rare classic gem.

• Like Like x 1