Add third party plugin effects to Kontakt

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Giulio Pirondini, Sep 11, 2019 at 10:26 PM.

1. Giulio Pirondini

Giulio Pirondini New Member

From what I’ve understand it is not possible. But I’ll appreciate any sort of insight anyone could give me.

In LOGIC:
    I’ve created a new custom synth-piano by layering some different midi instruments. When playing, the sound can be then heavily modified tweaking two main plugins: 1. Probability Gate (Scripter MidiFx) 2. AuPitch

In KONTAKT:
    Now I’d like to sample it and create my own library in Kontakt. Actually I’d like to end up with a custom GUI showing knobs which could trigger these two effects. But these plugins are in Logic, not in Kontakt! How could I ever tell Kontakt to control Logic plugins?

I know there is a workaround using Kontakt outputs to have your Kontakt instrument played with let’s say a Logic reverb. But this would not end up with a Kontakt library (meaning you should work with Kontakt AND Logic at the same time)..how can I sample all that then?!

I don’t know if I’ve put it down in a clear way..just a little bit confused! Thx for your help :)

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

You would have to find kontakt substitutes for the plugins and program your own instrument. Or you just save it as channel preset in your daw. And in cubase I would then add the controls to the quick controls and every time I open it up it's right there on my midi controller, don't know if Logik also has something like that.

Uwe

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:47 PM
  3. Giulio Pirondini

Thanks Uwe, you’re right. I feel I’m likely to follow your second suggestion, i.e. saving the instrument as a patch (btw Logic has got smart controls as well).

Anyway it’s really frustrating you can’t load external plugin into Kontakt.
    And all that makes me wonder: so Kontakt developers are meant to realize their sample libraries using only the built-in effects? I mean, the world is saturated by any kind of audio/midi plugin but if you are going to create your library in Kontakt, you must rely just on Kontakt itself, forgetting your favorite reverb, delays&co..? Hence every Kontakt library is created only with Kontakt fxs? That’s seems insane to me! Or it maybe means you need to be a superhero in scripting?

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

That is correct and has been that way always. Loading other plugins into a plugin is always a can of worms. You couldn't make a commercial Kontakt library that depends on some 3rd party effect, it's just not gonna fly.

5. Giulio Pirondini

Thanks EvilDragon. Got it, put in that way, under a commercial point of view, it makes perfect sense.
    Yet I feel something’s missing in all the story and I hope in future something or someone will fill the “gap”. You know, I just would love to create my own libraries (with my personal musical taste) out of that amazing sampler which is Kontakt. That’s what I’m aiming for.. ;)

6. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Maybe just have a really good tweak with existing effects. The newer ones added from K5 onward are actually very good quality, or sometimes even ridiculously great (i.e. Replika).