1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Additional outputs between sounds and main output of the group

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Olihop, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Olihop

Olihop NI Product Owner

In order to process with elements of different nature (drums, voice, bass, synth etc.) within the same group, it would be nice to have additional outputs attached to the group (for example 4 would be good) . And these same outputs would be routed to the main output of the group. being limited to a single main output for the 16 sounds is frustrating.
    The default routing would then be: sounds> bus 1, 2, 3 or 4 (optional)> group> master
    I hope you understand the idea

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

So what you're asking is pretty much the ability to add mix BUS/Group channels?
    So sounds can be routed to them and then they are routed to the main group channel in?
    A 3 BUS setup would look something like this: (?)
    [​IMG]

Each bus could have its own set of insert FX and they are all routed to A1.

Sounds interesting, however, Is there a specific reason you want this? Sounds like a very DAWish mixing feature request.
    Why not simply just put different elements in their own normal group or have a group where each of the 16 pads is used as mixing busses?

I see this being useful for people that have projects with a big amount of groups (live performance?), but then again a huge amount of groups, with sub bus groups, each with a lot of fx is a recipe for CPU disaster.

3. Olihop

Olihop NI Product Owner

Yes, that's what you meant. My request is in a live context. I have bands with several different sounds that I play with my fingers. In this configuration, a group corresponds to a track. In this case having available intermediate buses would allow more freedom of processing and thus economize groups.

4. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

But you can already create as many buses as you want, and more flexibly...

5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

You mean by sending the output of sounds inside another sound?
    The problem with this is the Mute/Solo button stops working...

6. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Yes, or between different Groups, as you alluded to.

The issue with soloing/muting/routing is separate and wouldn't even necessarily be fixed by this feature.

7. Olihop

Olihop NI Product Owner

After, the aim is mainly to have buses attached to the group and to be able to dispatch the sounds in one of the buses if one wishes. This brings more consistency to groups and allows for more advanced configuration.