1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Advice on what equipment to buy PLEASE

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by djwils, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djwils

djwils New Member

Hello everyone on the NI forums,

Just this minute joined.

Stopped DJ'ing about 2 years ago when I didn't want to pay silly money for vinyl and found that I couldn't move away from the feel of vinyl, so stopped as I didn't fully buy into vinyl simulation until now.

I couldn't want to embrace the features and digital world more! But want to get traktor scratch as I love vinyl too much to leave it.

Here is what I'm thinking of buying.

Stanton STR8-150

Vestax PMC 05 Pro 5 (Black)

NI Kontrol X1

Traktor Scratch 2.0

I need advice on the decks and mixer, mainly the mixer. I had 1210's all my life but think there is more to be gained from a more powerful turntable.

All help appreciated.

Thanks.

2. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

Hi DJ Wils
    You have posted this in the Traktor 'Feature Suggestions' Sub-Forum.

So it's unlikely that people coming here will want to wax on about what you should buy.

Maybe a Mod can move this post to the appropriate place?

As far as your query goes, I'd say that there are better mixers than the Vestax available (Ecler, Rane) and that the STR8-150, while being a good turntable, I feel is best used specifically as a scratch deck for performances. The STR-150 which has the curved tonearm will be more versatile (eg transcription to digital) and you can certainly still scratch with it. I'd also say get Traktor Scratch Duo 2 and get familiar with it over abit of time and once you get your head around the capabilities of the software then add in the controller later and you will know exactly how you want to use it.

3. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Please Do Not Doube Post.

[closed]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.