1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Aftertouch controlled by encoder? how?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by The Sarge, Aug 7, 2020.

1. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

for me the Aftertouch on the NI-KK-S88 is very hard to play, cause of my arthrosis and the needed pressure to activate AT (I´m always scared of "breaking" the function of AT in the keys)
    I have to press them very hard compared to my Yamaha-Synth

can I rout it to an encoder?
    if yes, then how please

thanks for help and stay safe my Maschine-/KK-friends

The Sarge!

2. skhm

skhm NI Product Owner

Aftertouch isn’t recognized in the Maschine software unfortunately.

But it doesnt make much sense to map it to a knob anyway. Just use any CC number to control whichever parameter you want to adjust.
    In any other case, outside of Maschine, when mapped to a knob, you will lose the polyphonic -per note- expression.

3. The Sarge

thanks for the answer, at the very least 1 of >170 reads who has an idea

hmm, I must correct then:
    I´ve posted it here in the Maschine-area not only because I´m having one, but more because here´s more going on then in the KK-area

I just wanted to use my bought soundsets, and nearly all of them (f.e. for Omnisphere, u-he-products etc.) use AT for nice effects
    so maybe there isn´t no really need of polphonic-aftertouch?
    and to be honest: is note-expression the same as aftertouch? o_O
    thought note-expression is something that Steinberg is "king" of in Cubase and there VSTi

so please can you skhm (or someone else...) please show me how I get AT in Cubase to a button, a keynote (maybe from the below octave 1) or an encoder (0=AT off 127=AT on)
    it´s such a pain for my sickly fingers to play with AT on the S88 (MK1) and not to hear those wonderful things which the sound-designers built in their presets :(

4. skhm

skhm NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Sarge

thanks again
    will test it, when the hot weather is over :cool: