In Sticky Aftertouch

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by aksn, Nov 7, 2013.

1. 33tetragammon

33tetragammon NI Product Owner

bump for aftertouch support !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

Just a wild guess here....but, because they don't care?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

They should care, all their S Series keyboards have aftertouch but it's wasted in Maschine, yet Komplete Kontrol which does support aftertouch, is too limited for most things.

• Like Like x 2
  4. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Seems like a no-brainer to add this, but so do a lot of things. :- )

• Like Like x 1
  5. oxident

oxident NI Product Owner

Aftertouch in MASCHINE please...

• Like Like x 3
  6. thePostman

thePostman NI Product Owner

Bump the aftertouch request again. As long as Maschine is not supporting aftertouch, I'll pass (already returned the MK2 version some years ago for this very reason).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mizamook

Mizamook NI Product Owner

Now wait here just one consarned moment ... .no aftertouch? So this lovely lit-up S-88 I've got here, that I use in tandem with Maschine (software and mk3) has a totally crippled function?

Hmmm. Someone mentioned to ask "What's in it for them?"

The answer: Loyal customers? Cuz now I have to go to another platform to use instruments that are only expressive with aftertouch. And when I look, I stray.

Who designed Maschine anyway? Geez.

• Like Like x 2
  8. chrith

chrith New Member

Plus one for Aftertouch, especially for using Maschine in Tandem with my Komplete Kontrol S25!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Haelu

Haelu New Member

Damn, I'm trying to push for MPE and we don't even have aftertouch lol NI are getting left behind...

• Like Like x 4
  10. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

So Massive X released today featuring, amongst other things, pretty extensive creative use of aftertouch as a modulator by many presets, as well as easy availability of AT as a source.

None of which can be used in Maschine - so seems a ripe opportunity to once again raise this crazy anomaly.

• Like Like x 3
  11. HammyHavoc

Interesting!

• Like Like x 1
  12. ParadigMan

ParadigMan New Member

Yes, aftertouch would be nice... really nice... amazing if NI could implement

• Like Like x 3
  13. Thomas Omans

Thomas Omans New Member

+1 for supporting plugins and instruments that require modern midi
    plugins like massive X by NI - also MPE plugins and instruments like those from roli and others

• Like Like x 2
  14. mason drielling

mason drielling NI Product Owner

+1

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jeremy E Shaw

Jeremy E Shaw NI Product Owner

++1

Ive read and re-read the descriptions of how NI is binding arp/note repeat and AT/velocity data, but I can't for the life of me understand why that is, or why it is necessary. I understand MIDI, AT, arp/note repeat/ vel, etc, but I cant fathom how those things were built that way. When I try to visualize this, I feel like a brick is in my brain, lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Howl

Howl NI Product Owner

if ableton push 2 can do it, maschine mk3 (or 1/2) can do it also..
    but even the push 2 does not use poly aftertouch, only channel aftertouch in ableton. strange ommission.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Jeremy E Shaw

Channel AT is fine. The device would have to physically, at a sensor level, support poly AT I believe. For ex my akai advance49 controller has channel AT that comes from the entire keybed.

18. Howl

Howl NI Product Owner

yes that is of course right, but if you use midi-ox, you see it sends poly at. o well, set it in midi, you see poly at values. no midi-ox needed.
    normal behavior of most drumpad controllers, i think, i owned triggerfinger, long time ago, and padkontrol. i thought they could do it.

but - simply - maschine mk3, set it to midi mode; see the values - poly at.....
    it has poly aftertouch (play it with an CS-80 emulation, and then you understand why a CS-80 vst needs poly-at, to sound like a CS-80...).

so the hardware side is ok, the software doesn't even, record channel aftertouch midi messages.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jeremy E Shaw

OMFG I just downloaded MPC Beats and YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!!! Poly AT works on my MK3 inside Beats, and Beats maps everything to the MK3 with a good template!!! Ive even got my... libraries loading into it now.... the MK3's poly AT ability is very nice, very pressure-sensitive! It is a travesty that this is locked up inside maschine2!!

EDIT:
    Finding some limitations in the stock Beats MK3 template now that Im playing around.

Pitchbend is unavailable unless you map or learn it, and toggling between mod/PB mode for the MK3 touchstrip doesnt work.
    Some knobs seem to work ok controlling quick parameters, but many Beats Q-link knobs turn the wrong direction or wont turn properly when using the MK3 to control them. (using the default MK3 template).

I will keep working on this!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 3
  20. HammyHavoc

What's are the current thoughts on aftertouch in Maschine, Kai @ NI ? Is it being worked on? Not on the table for the foreseeable future? Considered?

• Like Like x 1