In Sticky Aftertouch

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by aksn, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

It's absolutely necessary to make full use of plugins like Massive X or Pigments where aftertouch is integral to a lot of the instrument's expressivity and sound design.

• Like Like x 3
  2. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Personally, I'm finding NI's direction right now very confusing.
    • No new version of iMaschine is currently being worked on, confirmed by NI.
    • Maschine+ is quite stripped back versus the desktop experience in terms of supported software; no third-party NKS for example, yet the likes of Modartt Pianoteq would make a solid replacement for colossal 80GB+ piano libraries as it uses physical modelling.
    • Maschine Jam has gone tatty-bye-bye.
    • Massive X won't run on Maschine+, ergo I'm wondering if Maschine will ever get aftertouch support considering the flagship synth doesn't run on the flagship hardware. It would be a real pity if aftertouch is never implemented, especially with KKMK2 used alongside Maschine.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yes it all seems very disorganised. I would love to be able to use Maschine as an all in one instrument player, recorder and fx box - particularly given Komplete Kontrol still no longer supports fx in any useful way, but without aftertouch it is pointless for me, I know everyone doesn't use it but as a keyboard player having expression at the tip of my fingers is vital and it's completely mad that NIs flagship synth and keyboard both support it but not Maschine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BriFi

BriFi NI Product Owner

What is up with this? Is this real life? I'm still in my return window on machine plus and I love it, but this is pretty basic in 2020 no?

5. Jeremy E Shaw

Jeremy E Shaw NI Product Owner

Still no AT in maschine2, no. : /

6. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Rumours that it's going to be our Christmas present are probably untrue seeing as I just started them............................:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. BriFi

BriFi NI Product Owner

Absolutely needed.

8. oli@bass

oli@bass NI Product Owner

+1

Pretty please!

9. Burned Synapse

Burned Synapse New Member

+1

This is a deal breaker for me at this point. If this does not get at least announced soon I will not upgrade to the mk 3 and will open up the option to sell my Maschine and jam and look at alternatives.
    I am waiting for years now and there's no hint that this gets included in the software. I really like to have this as a toggle option whenever I do track anything other than drums.
    It would also pave the way for a possible mpe / midi 2.0 implementation.

Cheers!

10. Mod1

Mod1 NI Product Owner

Just discovered this myself. WTF? How old is this software now? This is basics! Most of your synths use AT. The pads support AT. Just make this work. I really don't understand the mindset of this company. Maschine is such a great piece of kit but I wish they would give the software some TLC. Quite frankly I couldn't give a **** about standalone right now I just want a software upgrade with some of the basic feature requests that are years outstanding it seems.

11. Rilkecat

Rilkecat NI Product Owner

12. Jeremy E Shaw

Jeremy E Shaw NI Product Owner

Bumped this 6 months ago. Time to bump again. ++1 ; )

13. nanotable

nanotable NI Product Owner

This can’t be bumped enough, +1.

14. ElRoberto

ElRoberto New Member

It's pretty shocking omission by today's standard tbh I hope they can add in MPE and proper aftertouch like Ableton did.

15. Ruba94

Ruba94 New Member

16. Dj Ravix

Dj Ravix NI Product Owner

Weird because there flagship KK S Series Keyboards actually Support Aftertouch
    However the A Series and M32 do seem to lack this
    its a bit of a mixed bag if you ask me
    There are also no options for Aftertouch in KK

I would agree that this should actually should get fully supported in both Maschine and Komplete Kontrol
    They might even include this if they release the MK2 versions of the A Series (As some people ignore those because of the lack of it)

17. thedavewalker

thedavewalker NI Product Owner

I'll throw in a bump for what it's worth.
    With being able to use MAS+ as a controller for external synths, that it can't send Aftertouch is disappointing.
    Especially when you consider that in Controller Mode->MIDI Mode you can see using MidiView ( https://hautetechnique.com/midi/midiview/ ) that the thing actually puts out Poly Aftertouch no less!

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. valerianmengsk

valerianmengsk New Member

Massive X needs a CPU that supports AVX instructions, and Maschine+ supposedly runs an Atom processor, that family of lightweight processors does not support AVX, therefore, Massive X on Maschine+ never. I wonder why they didn't go with a better processor.