Akai Force!!!

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by Hit-Man, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Tomess

Tomess NI Product Owner

Oh boi! That's looking great! NI, get your stuff together! Better sooner than never! :p

• Like Like x 2
  3. Olihop

Olihop NI Product Owner

it could have been the maschine jam mk3 this thing :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. DA RIPPER

DA RIPPER NI Product Owner

True lol

5. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

The price is a bit eye watering thou.

• Like Like x 1
  6. daslicht

daslicht NI Product Owner

It doens't have a somg mode no ? You have to manually launch the rows to play the song ?

7. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

wow, this thing is just insane....we cannot say they are holding features to give more lifespan to their incomes....just make a bullet at a fair price....this thing is going to be a huge seller...wow; I am just blown away

8. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

I hope, it won't take Akai too long to turn it into a DAW.

9. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

This! This is what I expected out of the MPC Live and Akai just delivered in the Force. I'm going to sell the living **** out of my MPC and getting this thing. This is exactly what I was looking for. Wow. Akai is pretty much grabbing the brass ring and going for domination.

The workflow seems intuitive, the software modern, and it will have Ableton Live integration later on. Dan said the codebase for the software is the same across both the MPC line and the Force but it seems to me like a whole different team is working on the Force's software (probably the AIR team based on the MPC codebase) and they went HAM with it.

Dan confirmed it's the same team that is working on the MPC software. That begs the question, WTF has NI been doing?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  10. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Has it got Sounds.com integration???? .....doesn't stand a chance if it hasn't...........................o_O

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Olihop

Olihop NI Product Owner

He has "splice sounds"

12. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Not interested in the force looks nice .. the updates i like and a few months away from release. Maschine still on 2.7.10 sad times for NI

13. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

Great to see this type of standalone solutions. Since the hardware is supposedly optimized for music, it might be less trouble in a performance environment than running a computer + audio interface + a bunch of midi controllers to achieve the same thing. I was skeptical based on the leaked images, but now I have changed my mind. Nice one Akai!

14. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  15. Florian Drechsler

Florian Drechsler NI Product Owner

If that's true then I am not interested anymore... Hahq

16. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Just like the mpc x/live why not show doing a full song from start to scratch in the software itself? Other than that it's solid.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  17. omegatron

omegatron NI Product Owner

They're just building the hype, showing off the bells and whistles, I'm pretty sure the nuts and bolts will get more than enough coverage when it's time.. from what I've read on gearslutz today the other mpcs are in line for some considerable love too in the forthcoming 2.4 update and apparently the new GUI is the basis for the MPC 3.0 update.. happy days..

• Like Like x 2
  18. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

Grooveboxes are like luxury sedans.. Germans just do them better. Sorry, investors that bought AKAI.
    I broke it down in more detail elsewhere, but in short: it's too crammed, buttons are too small for my fat fingers.. my laptop is more portable. My laptop + a small controller is more portable and gets me way more functionality. Any situation where I might bring this 3+ kg controller, is a situation where I'll have my laptop with me anyway.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

Lol.. what updates have NI been releasing with improvements folks actually have been asking for? I’ll wait. Might not be your cup of tea but the advances Akai are making are undeniable. Akai’s stuff are built like tanks. NI’s stuff are built like plastic toys. Akai is realizing updates quarterly right now, NI is releasing them how often?

20. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

I'll definitely give it a try since my current workflow is sampling on MPC Live, playing around with clips and uploading into Ableton Live. When I'm in Ableton, I'm controlling it with a Launchpad and using it for scales and chords. So I can eliminate a couple of devices. I'll still keep an eye out for new innovative NI/Maschine products. I never stick to just one brand.