1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Akai MPC One

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by AndriusDK, Jan 15, 2020.

1. AndriusDK

AndriusDK NI Product Owner

Looks pretty cool.

2. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

So it seems an standalone Maschine finally come... from Akai Mpc series.

:facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

"Finally" ? It looks like something in-between what AKAI already has for ages, smaller than the MPC-X and bigger than the MPC-Live.

Does it have Performance Recording or Song Mode?

Moving this to the general forum, I'll leave a redirect for a day.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Bojay

Bojay NI Product Owner

This is exactly what i was waiting for. I am leaving maschine now for sure and getting one of these for 699$. I have been patient with NI but i cant keep on waiting for them to release software that is cater for beginners anyway. Sad story what has happend to NI. Any way..... hope they bouce back someday. But honestly i cant see that heppening

5. MickDaygo

MickDaygo New Member

Bojay I am kind of in the same boat as you. I've been waiting patiently for NI to come up with something similar. I will keep my MK3, but consider making the jump to the One. If I can make a full transition over because of hardware and software superiority, I will be a permanent MPC user.

6. skoolafish

skoolafish NI Product Owner

NI they are still in a class by themselves with software. it will never be easy at this point for anyone to replace komplete, or nks browsing for that matter. i still find myself rooting for them on the hardware front but its hard to say that things look good aside from nks...

7. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

The touchscreen is a solid argument for me to not purchase this thing. How often have you misfired while operating your smartphone or tablet? Not to mention what can happen in live situations where your hands get a little sweaty or dirty otherwise. Touch screens can be nice in clean studios, but even then... I won't be replacing my Maschine & mikro anytime soon :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bojay

Bojay NI Product Owner

It has knobs to, you dont need to use the touch screen if you dont want to

9. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

It seems like a good product at a great price. If you think the new announced KeyStep Pro is ~$400, in comparison you get so much more here. And you don't have to touch the screen if you don't want to: the data wheel, the arrow buttons and the encoders will get you through most operations. It's not for me, but for those who run DAWless rigs, this is an excellent choice, assuming the DSP holds up to the job.

10. D-One

Not gonna knock it, it looks like a decent product and probably the one I would pick if I moved to MPC's, I like the touch screen, unfortunately, it solves none of the issues I have with Maschine so I won't be joining the hype train...

At that price point, I have a hard time believing it can have a good DSP and general specs that will last the test of time, it's the price of a low budget laptop.

The price drops are kind of crazy tho, I noticed this a while ago. The MPC X went from 2600€ to 1700€ that's almost a 1k difference, that's massive. The Force also dropped from 1500€ to 999€, never seen anyone with one tbh and the MPC Live also dropped from 1400€ to 900€... Not sure what this means since I am not used to seeing such big price drops but it feels like they're heading towards legacy products, maybe they're working on a new line of standalone/controllers?

Anyway, I am a bit more excited about the new cheap SSL interfaces.

• Like Like x 3
  11. David Rodríguez Cristerna

David Rodríguez Cristerna New Member

Hardware quality for Native Instruments is top notch, but it's true that the Maschine is lackluster in certain ways, especially when it comes to live performance stuff. It sometimes feel like it's stuck on a drum machine with vst's on it. I had Akai keyboards and while they are decent, they do not compare to the build quality for NI. Either way, we'll see how NI approaches this. Making Maschine a power house could pull so much more people into it.

12. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

MPC X user I have not use it much family and work ****.. I will say Akai is in the right direction.. just dont understand the ableton only route should open up to other DAW's this is where Maschine should step in with there next release.. i cant abandon Cubase for network midi.. but ahead of mashine.. also i have been using lately with the purchase of a use micro and A25

• Like Like x 1
  13. kb420

kb420 NI Product Owner

While I don't find the need for a standalone solution, I must admit that the MPC One price point is impressive. I bought a Maschine Mk3 a few years ago for $599. The MPC One is retailing in the US for $699, and it's completely standalone or can be used as a controller for the computer software version. Like it or not, that is a lot of bang for your buck, even without an ion battery.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Dah Muntane

Dah Muntane New Member

I agree with you on this one, why make something in between of those 2 but without the portability??
    It looks sick tho and I bet it is a beast, but honestly I think it would've made more sense to make it slimmer and not a standalone, the X does a much better job at being a standalone unit.

15. skoolafish

skoolafish NI Product Owner

had time to to look at this more last night, its technically way more problematic for elektron than for NI. standalone is great but I don't think it's enough to pull folks away from NKS. I ditched my maschine for MPC live but had to turn around and buy an s49 to get that integration back

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  16. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

And Nektar is building the Aura Beat - and this thing looks great so far

Uwe

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

I just put my pre-order in and hopefully will have by end of month. The MPC One appeals to me for a number of reasons, but mainly because it has more tactile control than the MPC Live which I felt relied too heavily on touch screen to navigate. It’s also battery free which to me is a huge plus. If I want actual portability by 2020 standards, I have an iPad, so why weigh down the unit with a limited lifespan battery? The Live is about as portable as a brick.

It’s kind of funny to read some of these comments that are so puzzled to the existence of this thing, but the benefits are obvious (to me). I recall the MPC Renaissance was controller only and was heavily criticized. Can’t win, I suppose.

I was a bit reluctant about SD card only storage, but with Splice integration over wi-fi, who really needs massive storage anymore and duplicating en-masse several terra-bytes of sounds?

If NI had any hope of getting into the stand-alone world, it’s probably over. In my opinion, Akai and Splice own this market, for now...

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

The olds weren't a computer-in-a-box (for the good and the bad) like which seemed the rumoured-probably-ditched Maschine standalone hardware. I was very critic with the clock tightness on the news and probably serious users on that should avoid any of the news but yes, this is a punch in the face for NI...

19. D-One

?????
    The Live and X are standalones (pc-in-a-box as you call it) exactly like this new MPC One, technically hybrids, there's nothing new apart from form factor.

20. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

The olds are the 1000 and 2500 for me.
    When I said "finally" I was talking from factor, price and specs. The One is the nearest to a Maschine-in-a-box.