Akoustic kills my session audio

Discussion in 'AKOUSTIK PIANO' started by yammer107, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yammer107

yammer107 New Member

Akoustic is crashing the audio in my sessions - not crashing my daw session - just the audio.

I get a pop when I start & stop the transport - like the ASIO driver and speakers were turned off...... then everything in my session sounds like its playing thru a 1940's telephone.

Soon as I remove Akoustic plugin - all session audio comes back. So the culpret is definately Akoustic piano.

I'm on Pro Tools LE 7.4. Windows Vista, Dell lap top, 4 gig ram.

~Chris

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

Using the latest version of AP?

3. jbone1313

jbone1313 NI Product Owner

4. yammer107

yammer107 New Member

Yes 1.1.3 version.

I actually just noticed Guitar Rig 3 has odd bugs now also, this was not happening before I installed AP. The volume 'dips' when I engage record.... then comes back to normal when stopped. Very significant dip too, like I cant hear to record a pass.

I've had virtually no conflicts or issues before this. Bought brand new computer w/ Pro Tools almost a year ago. Smooth sailing system until this.

~Chris

5. yammer107

yammer107 New Member

For anybody following here;

The best solution for me has been making every other track "inactive' (pro tools has this function) except for bare minimum audio necessary to keep a beat. Other softsyths like EZ Drummer need dumped down to audio if necessary or removed temporarily.

I can get a couple of pass's recorded without issue this way, but I'm working on a new powered up system..... you folks on older systems are probably really fried over this.

And of course the other solution is to simply record the MIDI with your regular synth paino.... then swap it out for Akoustic piano just long enough to record Audio. My Fanton-S dose a pretty good job of translating the piece without any loss of feeling.

Chris

6. luciphercolors

luciphercolors Forum Member

I'm noticing a similar bug on when I hit 'stop' on my transport.

Akoustik makes some popping noises, sends mixer levels into the red (but makes no audible noise from this) for a few seconds and then goes silent.

If I try and press a few keys on my keyboard I get more popping noises and the mixer shoots into the red. Until I figure this out I am substituting Kontakt's grand piano bank for now.

7. ATSMusic

ATSMusic NI Product Owner

same problem here and I saw it was reported about a year ago and still NI has not fixed it. No excuse for this, I don't care what anyone says. They should not legally be allowed to go on selling this product having known this for this long.
    ---

I got a better solution. How about NI fix it.

8. aton

aton NI Product Owner

I have this problem and its ruining my sets. I started having it almost a year ago. I stopped using AP for a while waiting for a fix but now I'm opening old Ableton LIVE sets with this plugin and I'm really disappointed. This is why I am not buying anymore NI plugins ever again.

9. luciphercolors

luciphercolors Forum Member

Just so you all know, the AP libraries are loadable in Kontakt 3 and 4.

Also, the bug was introduced by one of the later patches. The version that ships on the Komplete 5 discs works fine

10. yammer107

yammer107 New Member

Gee - maybe the solution then is for NI to offer this version as free download to all previous owners. Seems it would get some heat off their backs about this issue while excercising some well needed PR damage control at the same time.

We wouldent need the sample files, only system/program files. By the way I have the free version of Kontact and it will not load into Pro Tools either.

Chris

11. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

The latest version of the Kontakt player should work in PT. Contact support; you've got other issues going on.

ew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.