1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

AKOUSTIK PIANO Update, still staccato notes on 1st beat in Logic

Discussion in 'AKOUSTIK PIANO' started by DonDuche, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonDuche

DonDuche NI Product Owner

I am disappointed. As soon as I realized there is a new update for AP i downloaded and installed it. But the problem with playback in Logic stays the same: Notes that are on the first beat of a sequence still get chopped to staccato when played back. Just why???

2. Markus @ NI

Markus @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi Don,

this issue is tracked but 1.1.2 was focussing only on the absolute show stoppers in 1.1.1.

please use the workaround where you move the first chord a little or start your song with an empty bar.

best,
    Markus

3. ironboy

ironboy New Member

Hi,

Does that mean the problem is fixed in 1.1.2?

Thanks,

Ian

4. Markus @ NI

Hi,

this was already fixed in 1.1.1 last summer. it is not a new fix.

best,
    Markus

5. Jason Archibald

Jason Archibald NI Product Owner

I wasn't under the impression this has been fixed... i still experience this bug.

6. ifonline

ifonline NI Product Owner

It's STILL not fixed. What a mess. Logic Express 8 has this issue with Akoustik Piano as well, and had I known this, I wouldn't have bought Akoustic Piano.

7. ifonline

1. This is a showstopper, so stop avoiding the problem.
    2. Workarounds are a joke. This is supposed to be professional software. How about you just fix what's broken?

It's apparently been AT LEAST 6 months since this issue was raised, and it is still not fixed. Why?

8. DonDuche

Yeah, fix the ****in SHOWSTOPPER

Ian is so right! Just fix it, because it IS a real SHOWSTOPPER!

9. DonDuche

Oh how clean and orderly

Oh, this forum censors automatically if you write the f-word, ouch. So once again:

It is a F*U*C*K*I*N*G SHOWSTOPPER and has to be fixed.

(And please: don't play George W. Bush in this forum by trying to make everything "nice and clean family entertainment" by cencoring normal daily use vocabulary, thanks!)

10. astronmr20

astronmr20 NI Product Owner

Is this a matter of needing a "pedal on" just before the song starts?

Does the problem still happen if you "freeze?"

Just curious.

((BTW, most forums (other than maybe ableton live forums) automatically use those filters...))

11. DonDuche

Yes

No pedal problem, but does this still after freezing.

12. astronmr20

astronmr20 NI Product Owner

Well, not to add a pointless reply with no solution,

But that sounds like quite a glitch and I hope I do not run into it.

Are you running Logic 8.0.1?

(I'm still trying to get AP installed in the first place. It's been over a week)

13. DonDuche

Logic Version

I am using Logic Pro 7.1.1

14. Markus @ NI

Hi all,

just wanted to tell you that we are indeed looking into this problem again.

it sounds like this happens only with Logic but with all versions. I assume that it happens both on PPC and Intelmac?

just in case: did you try adding an empty bar at the beginning of your song?

best,
    Markus

15. Markus @ NI

Hi all,

turns out that this is not a problem in the sampling engine that we can easily fix. rather, it is a combination of Logic sending an all notes off command when you play from the first bar and our patch programming differing that command so that it hits too late.

we cannot fix this problem at this point. even if we fix it, your old projects will still be broken since the patch data is saved with your host project.

so the best workaround is to leave the first bar empty and set your marker to bar 2 and always start from there.

best,
    Markus

16. ifonline

Sorry to hear that you are unable to fix your software. Glad I sold my copy of Akoustik Piano as your workaround is sadly unprofessional. No other plugin I own acts this way and handles the note-off event just fine, including Synthogy's Ivory Grand Piano plugin.

17. DonDuche

Shame on you

Ian is SO RIGHT! When he says "Sorry to hear that you are unable to fix your software. Glad I sold my copy of Akoustik Piano as your workaround is sadly unprofessional. No other plugin I own acts this way" you get all you have to know about this , people at Native-Instruments.

It is unprofessional!

You cannot fix your own software for over a YEAR now!

Everyone should drop this product.

You try to make fools of your customers. Shame on you.

DonDuche

18. perversity

perversity NI Product Owner

This is actually a problem with Logic's coding. Since I started using Logic(7.0) there was an issue with the first measure being slightly off time/out of sync.

19. Liandrin

Liandrin Forum Member

This is not a specific problem with Logic. This also affects Garageband 08'.

If NI is unwilling or unable to fix Akoustik Piano, they need to offer a refund to anyone who has purchased this product. Having to move notes around at the beginning of EVERY region is not a minor issue.

20. DonDuche

So right

You are SO RIGHT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.