1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Allow us to pin plug-ins especially Multi Timbral VST instruments

Discussion in 'Feature Request Archive' started by BOOM BAP XL, Nov 4, 2013.

1. BOOM BAP XL

BOOM BAP XL NI Product Owner

In v2 we can now route a single multi-timb vst to all 16 channels in a group.

Problem is, the GUI is only visible when sound slot 1 is selected & is hidden the second you choose any of the other 15 channels that are routed to the host vst.

This makes it impossible to change presets from the VSTi itself AND audition the sounds on your keyboard.

At least give us the ability to open the GUI of the host that a channel is routed to.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BOOM BAP XL

+1

3. puzzlefactory

puzzlefactory NI Product Owner

4. MarkusMF

MarkusMF NI Product Owner

Totally agree. Multitimbral is useless in Maschine 2.0 when losing focus on the vsti!

5. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

smh...

+1

6. kcrosley

kcrosley NI Product Owner

Yes, Indeed, Please make this a priority for a near-term Maschine 2.0 Update!

Indeed, this is driving me bonkers in working with Maschine 2.0, particularly with Kontakt instruments.

Would greatly appreciate a fix for this, NI folks! :)

Not looking a gift-horse in the mouth with respect to having support for multi-timbral instruments finally, but they are quite hard to work with without the ability to keep the VST's interface open.

Cheers,
    Keith

7. just1n

just1n NI Product Owner

8. BOOM BAP XL

Thanks for the video link but this has nothing to do with the problem in question. The workflow in the video suggests that you already should know which sound you want to load into various sound slots/midi channels. You can't simply browse through presets to find the one you want as you audition them (except sound slot/channel 1).

9. chicken65

chicken65 Forum Member

10. PMPM

PMPM NI Product Owner

Plus one millllion.

11. tonecre8

tonecre8 NI Product Owner

+ infinity!

12. xCentric

xCentric Forum Member

Is this still not in Maschine? I jumped ship right before 2.0 came out. I've considered coming back. But this would be a deal breaker for sure.

13. alpert

alpert NI Product Owner

+1
    One of the most important feature suggestions IMHO.

14. Aceha1

Aceha1 New Member

15. thadisrad

thadisrad New Member

can I get an amen? this is ridiculous....

16. PMPM

PMPM NI Product Owner

Amen! Praise tha lawd

17. champamoore

champamoore NI Product Owner

18. BOOM BAP XL

:thumbsdown:Fail

So 2.1 came out today and they've allowed us to pin NI plug-ins but NOT 3rd party plugs. Really NI??:mad:

Makes me think these threads are useless and ignored by NI because it's something I'm sure many others want and others have already agreed.

19. sam_saw

sam_saw NI Product Owner

+1 Agreed

20. kcrosley

kcrosley NI Product Owner

Thanks for pointing out this new feature in 2.1! While it's not perfect (indeed, third-party plug-ins should be supported), the main use case for this feature (in my little world) is multi-timbral instances of Kontakt, so I'm pretty happy about this enhancement.

Cheers,
    Keith