1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Allow us to pin plug-ins especially Multi Timbral VST instruments

Discussion in 'Feature Request Archive' started by BOOM BAP XL, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Miraculous

Miraculous NI Product Owner

Very disappointed that pinning 3rd party plugins is not implemented. It's a total workflow killer when you have to jump back and forth to see a particular instrument, especially when it's sitting on another bank.
    Maybe NI wants to "stimulate" the use (and purchase) of NI plugins on our send and master tracks? :confused:

2. piastro

piastro New Member

Massive +1 Cause when mixing a track with 3rd party plugins I just nEEd to see master plugin's metering section, tuning channel's plugin at the same time. Please, add this functionality, NI!

3. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

Multitimbral instruments, Side chain effects, meters and especially aux send effects like reverb. All these situations need a pin and we are not all using just NI stuff.

It seems they did used the special Komplete interface that allows those docked views. These are only possible on NI plugs and the plug-ins need to be coded to work with it. You can tell because previous NI versions don't work with it. Still, they need to implement a global way to pin outside of this interface for all plug-ins.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

+1 first step is done so native make the next and let us pin 3rd party plugins

5. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

+1

aaaargh!.. had forgotten this snippet in my rush to record cc's

Just upgrade from 1.8 and on 2.1 and loaded an instance of Virus Ti and wtf?.. seriously?.. Multi timbral is useless without being able to see the VST window..

6. m:t:c

m:t:c NI Product Owner

+1.

Tip: I use an external midi controller where i set its midi channel based on what part of the Virus I want to play. Sounds 1,2,3,4 outputting midi channels 1,2,3,4 to Sound 1 (where the plugin is).

7. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

Hi, and thanks.. I had previously used a standalone VST host and connected via loopbe.. may need to go back to that method, but will try your suggestion.. I had made this to work using external keyboard as you did, but lose ability to play into pads of course.....mebbe a second Maschine controller as a controller?..lol

8. abnorm

abnorm NI Product Owner

This is still not working in 2.7.1
    Any workaround?

9. Panasony

Panasony NI Product Owner

10. shamoo!

shamoo! NI Product Owner

Yeah +1 for pinning 3rd party plugins please!!!

OR if a 3rd party plugin is routed to another track, selecting that "other" track pops up the vsti it is linked to. So I don't keep having to switch back and forth between tracks, very annoying :(