<Already posted Top 3 feature requests> *sticky*

Discussion in 'Feature Request Archive' started by res308, May 21, 2009.

1. BuddhasPalm

BuddhasPalm New Member

Just one feature comes to mind. Internal midi-in support from plug-ins, ie. Cthulhu without having to use a virtual midi connection or host.

2. Teddy Traxspin

Teddy Traxspin New Member

One feature that I would love to see is a "Notes" Page. Often when I make music - i'm doing all kinds of things; grabbing samples from everywhere, etc....and I normally open up a page in Word and makes small notes of ideas or things i want to do/samples i've chopped up, etc...... also when I start a track and leave it alone for weeks or months - the notes section helps me recall where I left off.

Its would make a great feature in my opinion - I could defo see a lot of benefit to that.

3. BeasleyBangorz

BeasleyBangorz New Member

Top three simple things needed in the next updates
    1. Automation scene layout or Master automation
    2.MP3 import (samples) and export (beats)
    3. The ability to use multiple stutter edit VSt's Idk how to put it but i know you can use multiple stutter edits in FL studio, Just have to change something in the output, make machine more friendly for Maschine.

P.S Fix the save user pattern feature it got all messed up since the machine 2.0 update, just make it back to how in was in Maschine 1 when you could just save a group and it would have all the sounds and all the spots already painted ready to be played, cause in machine 2 if i import a pattern it shitfs all the painted blocks and stuff

4. Intuitive Audio

Intuitive Audio Forum Member

Please, play in key for pad mode. Like maschine already has in the ableton live template.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Intuitive Audio

Intuitive Audio Forum Member

Also, I noticed that in the new maschine software, you can never zoom out far enough to view the entire loop if it's 8 bars or more. Unless you use the zoom function from the hardware. Please address this new issue.

6. suaramantra

suaramantra NI Product Owner

Please UPDATE MASCHINE software with chord scale and add midi filter like arpeggios ... [ Please listen YOUR costumer WANTS ] !!!!

7. W. Steele

W. Steele Forum Member

At this point I only need one more feature to be completely content .

Independent tempo per scene, PLEASE .

And congrat's on the amazing job thus far, fella's .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Douglas

Douglas New Member

Midi mapping table and yours relative values adjust.
    Simultaneous midi assignment a same control.
    Load Group/Sound without midi mapping reset Option.
    Midi mapping w/ X Channel differentiation (=128*16 possible controls!).

9. just1n

just1n NI Product Owner

^what he said

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. faint4lent

faint4lent Active Member

Why is this sticky? It's more confusing than the individual threads on redundant requests.

Please NI start using some user vote system for the stuff.

This does not seem difficult to set up... at all.
    https://www.uservoice.com/

• Like Like x 3
  11. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

This has been covered, but the one thing that I really need *right now* is the ability to swap in any patterns I like from a group for the repeating blocks that line up to match with longer takes. In other words, an option to not have a pattern repeat, but instead, to program them along the time line however I like as long as they line up with the longer pattern in each Scene. I do realize I could just write the pattern to be longer and copy paste in the parts to taste, but it's an unnecessary pain to do it that way.

12. cybervertigo

cybervertigo Forum Member

+1 Here.

13. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

+1 and agreed...I requested this several months ago, even sending a personal message to the director of the forum. I doubt it will happen anytime soon. The reason? N.I. and their product developers don't want to feel tied to or obliged by our requests and charts and surveys will make those requests much more visible to the community at large. Unfortunately, the only way to really makes this happen would be to start a (or use an existing) third party site of your own that can compile and display survey results, offering the link to participants here on this forum thread. These artificial limitations are yet another reason why this forum might never reach its full potential.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  14. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

...who in turn flood the board with requests seen a million times by older users, pissing them off to the extent that they stop helping and replying, creating a vicious circle where new users keep posting to try to get some answers (hey, kind of like the melting of the icebergs and global warming!). Survey results and most posted thread topics (and questions) visually organized for new users to access would be a Godsend at this point.

15. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

How about a paid feature forum section where we bid for priority. Will curb the pace of forum bloating with request., which would be the main discouraging factor. :thumbsup:

16. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

Not clear on what you're suggesting here...do you mean:
    a) a second tier of the forum where members pay and have more features?
    b) a page on the forum where members can 'bid' or pay to ensure that their desired requests get the most bucks and therefore (theoretically) priority?

17. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

'B' is my projection. Consider it an investment into the technology you want to perfect. Of course these contributions would have to attached to a reasonable discount on product releases. It complexes the business model a bit, but it also enhances the outreach, increases market capital, and speeds up R&D.

18. PatchyP

PatchyP New Member

New Maschine user, new to the forums... so forgive me if I'm duplicating. Must say though, I find it disheartening to read that NI does not listen to feedback/feature-requests, as many have indicated here.

Oh well. Whether it's taken to heart by NI developers or not, my feature request:

Pad aftertouch/pressure able to control MIDI cc (e.g. a Massive macro). This would allow playing the pads so much more expressive potential!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sangeeta

Sangeeta NI Product Owner

I would suggest a performance mode, like its available on the elektron analog RYTM.

What it does is: The performance mode enables the pads pressure to control various parameters of a kit, i.e. the macro controllers for your sounds, so when you press a pad, it actually can change multiple parameters of your sounds at the same time. (increase delay effect, for a sound, while removing saturation from another etc...) I am a new user, so i am not absolutely sure, if this is implemented or not.

+1 for this request:

This has been covered, but the one thing that I really need *right now* is the ability to swap in any patterns I like from a group for the repeating blocks that line up to match with longer takes. In other words, an option to not have a pattern repeat, but instead, to program them along the time line however I like as long as they line up with the longer pattern in each Scene. I do realize I could just write the pattern to be longer and copy paste in the parts to taste, but it's an unnecessary pain to do it that way.

• Like Like x 1
  20. atomicstack

atomicstack New Member

Flashing the pad that corresponds to the currently active scene, while scene view is enabled on the controller, would be nice. The Mikro MK2 doesn't seem to do this.