<Already posted Top 3 feature requests> *sticky*

Discussion in 'Feature Request Archive' started by res308, May 21, 2009.

1. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I have wanted this for a very long time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

1. The ability to choke scenes.
    2. When using patterns; one thing I am not to crazy about is when you have 16 chops/samples in pattern 1, but when you create pattern 2 it will carry over the same sounds from pattern 1, so whatever changes you make to an individual pad it will affect all patterns. Why don't they make it so pattern 2, 3, 4 etc become 16 empty sound slots similar to MPC pad
    banks?

in this way, I can duplicate my pad more then 16 times.. and have a different set of samples in pattern 2 that won't affect my pattern 1.

If you want pattern1 sounds to carry over to pattern 2 just duplicate pattern 1 the way it is now, but creating a new pattern should give you an empty set of 16 pads

Am I making sense?

3. Kleeby

Kleeby New Member

I recently made the step to buy a maschine studio, because a friend showed me his and i was pretty stunned how simple and yet powerfull this blinking box is.
    Maschine 2.2 is a realy good standalone software but the integration lacks somme features Imho

First of all: independent "sound-output" midi settings. Because right now if you browse and load another sound on a pad , the midi settigs reset, wich is a real workflow killer if you are using machine as vst. In my case Cubase.

Seccond: it would be great to be able to use the arpeggiator/scale thing in vst mode too.

Third: in standalone a line drawing tool for tweaking velocity or automation would be great
    (Maybe i'm just spoiled from cubase^^)

4. skoolafish

skoolafish NI Product Owner

ability to sort user projects in the browser, especially by date

ability to favorite groups or sounds

ability to record anywhere in an arrangement...ie with all scenes selected, able to drop sounds anywhere instead of binding them to a pattern

5. granmah

granmah NI Product Owner

1 - Stereo to mono on my Sampling --> Edit options
    2 - Record mute/solo changes as midi events
    3 - Be able to control my notes position from the hardware accurately. Stop showing 1:1:1 even while nudging, I want to be able to see 1:1:1:124 and change that from the controller

6. BobCraven

BobCraven New Member

• record/playback aftertouch
      seriously ... i wasted hours to figure out that this not implemented :-/
    • note lenght quantization
      seriously - see above...
    • bring back sound/track sorting in a pattern by drag&drop

7. strooth

strooth New Member

Change Pad and Group Colors from the Hardware. (Nobody wants to have to go back to the mouse and keyboard to do something as simple as change colors... ruins your flow)

Cannot believe this isn't implemented yet...

• Like Like x 1
  8. janpeeters

janpeeters NI Product Owner

Since Maschine update 2.3 also doesn't bring favorites or starred factory presets for the Maschine Browser I'm bringing it up again with some screenshots. Just rough mockups to sketch the idea.
    I know that a lot of users really need favorites or starred presets especially wen they are running Komplete in Maschine because the current workaround: locating presets on disk, copying them to a user folder (thus duplication and a waste of space) and rescanning the user folder is a hassle. Please implement something like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Implementation can of course be done in various ways: it needn't be stars, it can be dots, it can be a reimplementation of the Maschine 1.x ability to add a 'fav' tag. But I hope not even that was a hassle. The fastest way is to be able to click a star or similar icon behind the preset and a filter button in 'types. fed up with a preset, click the star again and it is unfavorited.

When I phoned NI this morning I heard that fav's and stars are already listed as feature request under case number 'Maschine2-5209' so now we need to get this higher on their list.

Thanks, Jan

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  9. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

@janpeeters

I remember that case number as it resulted from my request from a couple of years back.

In my idea for implementation you'd have a button in the browser view on the hardware with [FAV] on it. When you pressed this to highlight it, it would filter the search by items you'd tagged as favourites. When you pressed [SHIFT] the button would change to [+FAV] so you could tag the presently selected item as a favourite (or it would be [-FAV] so you could unfavourite a favourited item). With this implementation you could do the favourite thing utilising just one button on the hardware and shift.

This was before Komplete Kontrol came around however, and you'd need to implement this in KK too, seeing as KK and Maschine are quite closely related.

I unfortunately can't see your attached screenshots from this browser at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  10. janpeeters

11. lethal_pizzle

@janpeeters - I like the screenshots. What I would add add in the panel header next to the NI and USER buttons is another star that would toggle the search results to starred items only

12. janpeeters

I thought about that too but it doesn't feel logical. The NI icon and user icon are the 'owners' of the libraries/presets. A favorite is more of a tag or label to me. And I presume a user would most often search in a category (project, kit, instrument, sample etc) for a fav, instead of in all categories at once. But that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be great if search searched in NI and User presets at once.

13. lethal_pizzle

It's more of a universal filter. If you searched in the NI section for bass sounds for example, and then engaged the 'Star' filter, you would only get results for the 200 basses that you'd starred across all products as opposed to a list of thousands. If you just chose NI and Spark, then engaged the star filter then you'd just see all starred Spark presets etc

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  14. janpeeters

@lethal_pizzle
    I would think that you would do that by shift-clicking the fav 'tag' in the same window as where you'd choose 'bass' of 'kick' so that both 'bass' and 'fav' button are active. But I guess different users would have different preferences for how this should work. I suggest I leave it at that so that I don't hijack this thread with a discussion about this very feature and give the floor back to the top three lists ;-) Just hope that NI will finally implement this in 2.4.

15. Skitzomatic

Skitzomatic Member

1. record separate midi data from groups to DAW/ableton separate midi tracks!
    2. record separate midi data from groups to DAW/ableton separate midi tracks!
    3. record separate midi data from groups to DAW/ableton separate midi tracks!

• Like Like x 1
  16. tKen

tKen New Member

1) Event mute (so that you can experiment without having to change velocity values), in addition to pattern and group mute.
    2) Scale-able plug-in window when working in Cubase (if the size isn't forced by Cubase)
    3) Audio tracks (even if only a limited number (I'd be happy with one) <or> Quantize randomization; such that you could have parts perfectly quantized to begin with but then, jumble the start, end, or both times by a maximum of "X" number of ticks

17. tjoh311

tjoh311 Member

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but....

DAW support...

Come on NI, we should be able to reliably route audio and midi thru ANY DAW software without having to open a new instance of maschine for a new instrument. ...

• Like Like x 1
  18. realnevertheless

realnevertheless New Member

please better way to browse 3rd party plugins (the list is way to long to scroll trough)
    maybe sort by manufacturer is the easiest way? Would work for me!

19. realnevertheless

realnevertheless New Member

20. detech

detech NI Product Owner

-Automation shapes tools (line,saw etc...)
    -Support for multiple assignments per macro
    -Panel View like Reaktor for routing connections.

• Like Like x 2