alternate mapping F1

Discussion in 'KONTROL F1' started by carmomi, Jun 3, 2012.

1. carmomi

carmomi NI Product Owner

Hi,

Anyone have tried to play with the alternate mapping of the F1 (overlay included in the package)? I´m able to select it but nothing seems to happen afterwards. Someone knows how to make it work (and the functions...)?

Thanks
    MC

2. Pjotr123

Pjotr123 NI Product Owner

Just tried it yesterday and works fine. I changed a couple of things to adapt to my workflow. Just hit shift + browse and you should be able to use it. Within the settings menu for F1 (within Traktor) be sure to select the user default and not midi. Otherwise you have to make you own tsi, based on midi commands. The standard it quite good actually.

3. carmomi

carmomi NI Product Owner

works fine now! thanks for the tip!

4. Jaysin

Jaysin New Member

Programing OSC and I'd love to know how they mapped the pages to the controller. (Yes I do know the control is hard-wired as well. Just hopping I missed a mapping option)

Thanks for the help! :D

5. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

if you installed traktor 2.5 you can find the default mapping in the respective folder in your root folder.

6. Jaysin

Jaysin New Member

Maybe I dl'ed my copy too early? S4, S2, Maschine, Audio Kontrol, and Kore 2 in the NI Default mappings. No F1 or X1 there. The hardwired theory holds true I guess.

As I'm building this OSC I see that NI has absolutely missed some real key mapping settings on the remix deck. eg: Trigger individial slot samples, Page change, color change (I'm not using that though). The list may keep growing the more I program.

7. DJ Freshfluke

just found out i dont have the user mapping in my root folder either (although i find the documentation for it in the program folder for it ^^)... it's either not provided or it's indeed because i had my 2.5 beforehand, too. please contact support on this and let me know the outcome!

8. Jaysin

Jaysin New Member

I actually never found the tsi but if you add a mapping in traktors setting, you do have the option of adding an f1 controller. It's alot like the x1 since the x1 has no tsi either I believe. For whatever reason we are not allowed to see the programing of these.

Also I find it odd that you can choose a "user" option for the f1 where you can do your own mapping. But the mapping options don't allow individual sample triggering at this time. I wonder if somehow the f1 works without these... Anybody tried it yet?

9. DJ Freshfluke

the standard of the x1 and the f1 as well is that they use nhl, which is an NI proprietary transfer protocol. the nhl mappings are not seeable and not adjustable.

the user mapping however is then the adjustable version of it. i always thought they're all in that folder (i can see s2 and s4 user mappings in there e.g.), but maybe i was mistakes or it's because of my beta-version. i gotta check this out.

p.s.: in midi mode you dont get the full functionality of the remix decks, only with the f1.

10. an3

an3 Forum Member

.. what about giving the nhl mapping in 3 configuration:

1 remix decks layout
    1 standard deck layout
    1 hybrid ( i liek fi to use the looper and fx sends within the remix deck mapping)

11. ikku

ikku NI Product Owner

hello
    I also tried alternate mapping of F1(with overlay)
    But Sliders and FX dry/wet don't work. I mean nothing happen.
    Do I need set up something?

thanks,
    ik

12. Dave's

Dave's New Member

Hello! I tried the Shift + Browse.

- FX1. Working fine.
    - FX2. The Dry/Wet knob don't work. The FX is activated and global settings are on.

The knob works fine on the filter mode. Not a hardware problem.

Any ideas? Any one else having the same problem?

Thanks!
    Dave

13. passius

passius NI Product Owner

having the same fx problems here

14. Dave's

Dave's New Member

I finally solved my FX2 problem by customizing the User Map Settings (Traktor.KontrolF1.User).

15. an3

an3 Forum Member

i would be soo amazing if they made a hybrid version of the F1
    mapping. for me i'drather have acces on one page too the remix decks (the pads) and fx controls or others (with the knobs and faders)

im not too interested on the volume per deck and the very weak filter..

16. obri3n

obri3n Forum Member

I started playing with it... messed it up :D now can't find the original mapping ? to download or on my computer... please help

17. ~Rishi~

~Rishi~ NI Product Owner

I made my own comprehenive Track Deck control mapping for use with dual Kontrol F1's.

Without doubt it is now the best DJ set up I have ever had...

http://youtu.be/nO_-Cx2jJ5o