An MPC style sequencer... pattern sequencer...

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Goldstein, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goldstein

Goldstein NI Product Owner

Where I can either

- trigger and record the rhythms according to my own human feeling into sequenced patterns (free timing)
    - programming patterns in a grid (grid quantize)
    - and combined.

And then yes, I would love to see Steinberg and Native Instruments collaborate on improved Pattern based Instruments in VST Standard V3.1...

Please analyze the way Hip Hop producers work on the Akai MPC's... it's really interesting.

Anyway, I love the Battery punch. Compliments.

2. Goldstein

Watch out:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T91Bz8lIBQg&mode=related&search="]YouTube - Making a club beat on the MPC4000[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQWxrWSsI2k&mode=related&search=[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7wZD1ewxB4&mode=related&search="]YouTube - Just Blaze on his MPC 4000[/ame]

When will the PC rock like this?

3. Goldstein

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUi19k741cc&mode=related&search="]YouTube - Roland MV 8800 Remix Hotel 2007 NYC PART 04 of 04[/ame]

4. thelocalhost

thelocalhost NI Product Owner

I think using Ableton Live, Battery, Recycle, RMX as your rx2 player, and a trigger finger, you can do far more creative things.

I don't understand then why mpc is still being used.

5. jamester

jamester NI Product Owner

See, I've been thinking of getting an MPC and I have all of the above (except a PK instead of TF and I got rid of Stylus, but still)...the thing is, that's five different programs/workflows/paradigms, whereas with an MPC it's all in the box good-to-go. It also removes the whole "computer tech" aspect, and really lets you just get down to the MUSIC.

I guess it's all up to the individual, but the limitations of hardware can be looked at as strengths, which is why they're still making synths and grooveboxes and such. I mean I love all my tools, but I also hate having to use so many damn tools! I was playing around with the MV8800 at a Guitar Center recently, and had the revelation that I was actually having *fun*. It was an eye-opener.....

6. Goldstein

MPC and MV8800 seems to be used quite often, also in the high league.

7. Goldstein

I would love to see more hardware coming from Native. Proper hardware.

8. Kay Boarder

Kay Boarder NI Product Owner

Why? The hardware still exists, - so buy it.
    Software is an addition for me p.ex. ...

KB

9. sijarvis

sijarvis NI Product Owner

would NI please turn battery into a stand alone drum machine/loop slicer with arrange facilities, much like fxpansion guru but even better.

how about adding sampling/resampling/editing functions too

also what about drum synths? which could replace it's sample cells when wanted.

infact, why not just get the best of all the drum/rythmn software tools, implement them all into one package and sell us that.

please!

10. Goldstein

Yeah, with new hardware interfaces for us drummers...

11. Goldstein

And hip hop producers

12. Goldstein

The cool thing with the MPC is also that you can sample and trigger whole music pieces... it would be could if we could get better functionality within a DAW to remix and down-mix and bounce and then throw the whole piece into Battery and kick in the whole mix..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.