1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

An update on the future of the Sequencer - Part 2

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Charles @ NI, Dec 23, 2016.

1. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

I just want to see something real outside of talk, but thank you for the update anyway.

2. SupremeSoulstice

Another thing.. I first caught wind of Maschine from 9th Wonder, Nottz and Ski Beatz. Dudes who've done platinum records for some of the best in the music industry. Those dudes switched back to AKAI, with the exception of 9th and him using maschine and frooty loops still, after concerns of NI only reaching for the Techno and EDM scene. The last promotional videos, or songs I should say, were all from people from the EDM, Garage, and Techno scene. Can we get more balance and dedication for the features us Hip-Hop heads like? The same stuff that generated interest for dudes in EDM and techno to get busy in? Just a thought. Just seems like y'all forgot about us. Here's to a new year and hopefully a new focused direction from the folks at NI. Peace and love to y'all on the chase for being able to create dope music with the tools they have and love.

3. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Those guys will use whatever. Ski beats uses push 2, mpc etc. They all came from mpc backgrounds. 9th uses maschine. Organized Noize use maschine, and have Jam. Khrysis uses maschine. The freshmen use maschine studio and jam. 40 from ovo uses maschine studio/komplete kontrol. Teddy Riley uses maschine as a plug in inside of studio one. Mike Kalumbo uses maschine studio, and so does Jermaine Dupri. Most of the expansions are hip hop related. I think NI are trying to find a balance for all user bases. Biggest issues is users not being able to finish songs in maschine, among other features. And that's what they are working on. Wait on it. When the sequencer get's fixed and the new controllers are built to integrate well with whatever they are doing dudes will switch back. It's a cycle. Push 2 is hot then a new mpc comes out and then people will jump that ship. When the new mpc comes out users might ditch push 2 and then get the new mpc. When a new NI controller comes out etc. It's a cycle... Happy Holidays.

• Like Like x 6
  4. SupremeSoulstice

Skins, early on I use to mess with you a bit, but you're always optimistic. The only complaint as far as NI is concerned, has been arrangement for me. The more I see how you interact with others? The more I respect you. Happy holidays pimp.

5. aqirforce2high

aqirforce2high NI Product Owner

@Charles @ NI I signed up for beta but didnt get selected. if you could hook it up please bro.x

6. BogdanSB

BogdanSB New Member

@Charles @ NI Hey,i signed up but no invite yet,would be glad to help. username - BogdanSB

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  7. dp2001

dp2001 New Member

Can you add me to the beta too please . Signed up a while back - username: dplaisant

8. Odief

Odief New Member

I'll be your man to test this feature... (Beta testing username : odieflex)

9. RajahP

RajahP NI Product Owner

Stands up to be a tester....

10. djadonis206

djadonis206 NI Product Owner

Please add me to the Beta testing. I signed up with Centercode, but no response.

djadonis206

Thanks!

11. dp2001

dp2001 New Member

Sorry that previous username was completely wrong, it's: dp2001

Thanks,

12. killxxswitch

killxxswitch New Member

@Charles @ NI : I signed up for the Beta, but never got an invite. It would be amazing if you could add me. Merry Christmas :)

13. KungFuDaz

KungFuDaz NI Product Owner

I applied but haven't heard anything yet ...
    Would love to get involved
    Username : kungfudaz

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  14. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Wow that's great to read i would like to participate and my name is Uwe303

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

15. faint4lent

faint4lent Active Member

I had applied and would still like to be part of the beta:

Centercode User: faint4lent

16. Toby Emerson

Toby Emerson New Member

Please add me to the beta: Application name: blackoctopus

17. PhillyBoon

PhillyBoon New Member

Username PhillyBoon you are welcome to add me for testing

18. MrBenCDF

MrBenCDF New Member

This is great news, also signed up but was never accepted. Would love to get involved, mrbencdf
    Thank you

19. rbrucemtl

rbrucemtl NI Product Owner

Hello Charles,

Something is wrong with my centercode access...

I received my invitation to centercode but I can access only some parts of it using the invitation link sent too me via email only. I see the discussions area and can download etc. but something is still wrong. When I click the home link it says I'm not enrolled in an active project and I don't see my beta profile or anything described in the documentation post. Eg. no left side panels or links. Also every time I logout and back into centercode it takes me to the "Thanks for applying" page and not my "home" dashboard and says I'm not enrolled in an active project just like before I was invited. Can you look into this please? Thank you very much

username: rbrucemtl

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  20. KungFuDaz

KungFuDaz NI Product Owner

Hi Charles

Similar situation here .... all registered with centrecode via the link I received and accepted into beta community but not any active projects!?

Thankyou
    Username : kungfudaz

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016